• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex India Onboarding Update

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
No such offers. You reach out to them when the charge the annual fee and negotiate for waiver though. Gold charge gives points on utility and fuel spends too. Unsure about Infinia. But isn't Magnus the flavour of the month.
Uncertain that my father+me are goin to hit 1+L every month
So infiinia base reward rate seems better
Infinia website says reward points accumulation on all spends with certain limitations on rent and insurance which is not a problem

chaitanyamella

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Uncertain that my father+me are goin to hit 1+L every month
So infiinia base reward rate seems better
Infinia website says reward points accumulation on all spends with certain limitations on rent and insurance which is not a problem
Probably one of the rare exceptions where I have seen someone analyze spends and not give into FOMO. (y)

amit

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
refer below trifecta cards by amex to maximize return.
single amex cant give u a good return u have to use in combination.

Attachments

• FYcCdItUUAAxfOS.jpg
    FYcCdItUUAAxfOS.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 72

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Probably one of the rare exceptions where I have seen someone analyze spends and not give into FOMO. (y)
Axis customer care sucks and then my father has been quite satisfied with HDFC for his banking and all
Considering he has 2 accounts (combined age over 25) and my mother has anather one (a couple of years old)
For some reason he never took an HDFC card and right now RM is giving him DCB (probably not LTF)
So i told him to push for Infinia (non-LTF as we're going to hit the milestone) as it's overall reward structure is much better
As far as i know DCB has daily bonus points capping of 2500 on smartbuy (daily here is settlement period which could lead to 2 or 3 days as i've read in the forum somewhere)
So 5X on smartbuy flights would mean that if someone books flights worth 15k they are going to hit the daily bonus accural cap.
Secondly 7500 bonus points on smartbuy for DCB is quite low
That's like 18 flights in a month considering average price of a flight is 5k.
On the side note if he takes DCB right now then upgrade to the next super premium card which HDFC (would eventually launch to supersede Infinia) would even be harder
Also also Infinia Priority Pass is the best lounge access program ever. All the premium lounges (except AmEx ones) are covered under it which again DCB fails.

chaitanyamella

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Axis customer care sucks and then my father has been quite satisfied with HDFC for his banking and all
Considering he has 2 accounts (combined age over 25) and my mother has anather one (a couple of years old)
For some reason he never took an HDFC card and right now RM is giving him DCB (probably not LTF)
So i told him to push for Infinia (non-LTF as we're going to hit the milestone) as it's overall reward structure is much better
As far as i know DCB has daily bonus points capping of 2500 on smartbuy (daily here is settlement period which could lead to 2 or 3 days as i've read in the forum somewhere)
So 5X on smartbuy flights would mean that if someone books flights worth 15k they are going to hit the daily bonus accural cap.
Secondly 7500 bonus points on smartbuy for DCB is quite low
That's like 18 flights in a month considering average price of a flight is 5k.
On the side note if he takes DCB right now then upgrade to the next super premium card which HDFC (would eventually launch to supersede Infinia) would even be harder
Also also Infinia Priority Pass is the best lounge access program ever. All the premium lounges (except AmEx ones) are covered under it which again DCB fails.
So, you are going to piggy back on the Infinia with an add-on? Makes better sense than Magnus.

Sreerag

TF Premier
I too would like to know whether indusind, sbi, and icici started issuing amex card.
The only reason I would prefer AmEx is the RP in ICICI.
Instead of 4RP in Visa/Master of Coral CC, you get 6RP in AmEx and 9 RP for online spends.
Don't know if this is old but ICICI cleverly has hidden that tab from public.

The downside of AmEx is the acceptance, GPay linking not possible and merchants dis allowing AmEx. Many people however do not know what is difference between Visa, Master, RuPay, AmEx, DCB, JCB etc so no problem..

SBI and IndusInd there's no use taking AmEx as it's same for Visa/Master/RuPay and AmEx...

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
The only reason I would prefer AmEx is the RP in ICICI.
Instead of 4RP in Visa/Master of Coral CC, you get 6RP in AmEx and 9 RP for online spends.
Don't know if this is old but ICICI cleverly has hidden that tab from public.

The downside of AmEx is the acceptance, GPay linking not possible and merchants dis allowing AmEx. Many people however do not know what is difference between Visa, Master, RuPay, AmEx, DCB, JCB etc so no problem..

SBI and IndusInd there's no use taking AmEx as it's same for Visa/Master/RuPay and AmEx...
For coral amex or another gemstone variant?

Eye of Ajay

TF Select
VIP Lounge
If one hits that 1L milestone thrice in the wole year you will not only make back the full fee plus gst but also on top get 10k voucher and a few thousands left 'Amazon'

Now a days when I got 1L or more with my Infinia I get coupon for 30-50% off. I got my Magnus to offset spends from Infinia even after I have hit the waiver because the reward points are only worth it for Airlines where as for Apple products you can get good discounts with other ways. Hotels are now a days more expensive on the smartbuy portal than most others.

If we compare Airlines reward points then the 3.3% rate gets superseded by Magnus with almost 4.8% "Non accelerated"