• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX Centurion (India) Q&A - With the help of actual Centurion holder

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
So AMEX Centurion aka AMEX Black card, has been most desirable cards in the credit card community, be it for the celebrity owner or due to its concierge which can pull off literally everything (legal stuffs only) from booking private jet for stuck client during Tsunami, in Japan to booking sold out exclusive event’s tickets. Who doesn’t want to flaunt it? I’m pretty much sure every credit card enthusiast has at least gave a thought of owning it some point of time and I’m certainly one of them.

Luckily I got a chance to talk with two of actual AMEX Centurion owner about their experience and perks they do enjoy and their personal opinion on them. So I gathered a bit of knowledge on this ultimate desirable card which I’d be happy to share with you all. So shoot up your queries, I’ll try to answer them, or if I can’t, I’ll definitely try to get the answer from the Centurion holders.

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Tell us how do they manage to get value back? And it's reward system
Both the Centurion holders I know, they have spending to the north. Centurion is having the same base reward structure as Plat Charge. From one person who is holding a Director position in a company, uses his Centurion to pay the electricity bill for the plant which is about 50L + a month. So that 1.25L worth of MR point and he conveyed, same spending can breakeven the 1st year's fee (initiation + base fee) in 8 months.

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Do we get Platinum membership for Marriott, Hilton and a few airlines, this was promised by an AMEX agent couple of years back?
No Platinum status for Centurion, you still get Gold tier with Centurion. For other Hotel memberships, you get specially crafted ITC Culinaire, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold Plus are there. For the airlines, there's nothing like they provide with US variant, the Delta airlines one but for the membership perspective you do get Gold Tier of Emirates Skywards. You can also enjoy some discounted fare at Vistara, Virgin Atlantic, United Airlines, Etihad, British Airways, Lufthansa, United Airlines as well. And there is some upto 1000$ credit when booking private chartered through Centurion concierge

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

D7162

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Both the Centurion holders I know, they have spending to the north. Centurion is having the same base reward structure as Plat Charge. From one person who is holding a Director position in a company, uses his Centurion to pay the electricity bill for the plant which is about 50L + a month. So that 1.25L worth of MR point and he conveyed, same spending can breakeven the 1st year's fee (initiation + base fee) in 8 months.
Sorry for jumping to old thread.
Isnt elect bills are excluded ???