• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

American express without income documents

PEER WAHAJ

TF Buzz
I have mrcc i just applied plat travel i didn’t get any link to upload documents in the email.
Does it mean it’s on income waiver?

Attachments

• IMG_0665.png
    IMG_0665.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 190
Solution
In my experience, regardless of your CIBIL score or income, if you've had a supplementary card previously—meaning the primary cardholder was your dad, mom, or a family relative—and kept the card active for as long as possible before canceling and reapplying after six months, you may not need income documentation for any of the top three cards, except for the Platinum Charge (because I haven't applied for it yet). That's one sure way, as everyone I've referred had to upload income documents, whereas I had a supplementary card in my name from 2015 to 2019. Now, I hold all three: Gold, Platinum Travel, and MRCC

Riya

TF Ace
AMEX had been liberally issuing cards when the ban over it was lifted in December 2022... So they provided many first time users just based on first hand information provided

minhazuddin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What Vaibhav said above makes sense but I have also noticed a lot of friends joining Amex for the first time and were never asked for their income documents.

What we see is the CIBIL score, credit profile and age but I think AmEx has a lot more data and information points.
Based on this, their algorithm does some calculations depending on whether the information submitted in your profile matches their data or not.

If the data matches, your income proof isn't asked for and you get approved directly.

If something doesn't look right, they ask for the income docs to verify the information manually and then approve it.
An Amex executive once told me that Amex have its own internal scoring system which analyse the applicant income, credit score, existing cards and it's limits, utilisation, on time payment, and lots more metrics. If the applicant have score above threshold, they are not required to upload any documents, if the score is above low, then the applicant is asked to upload documents and when the score is low, then the application is rejected at the very first stage.

Reactions: SSV

parthv

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
One of the Amex Employees told me If you provide work email there are high chances you get income documents wavier. In work email address .in and .com are accepted tld. They don't accept fancy tld like .online

minhazuddin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
One of the Amex Employees told me If you provide work email there are high chances you get income documents wavier. In work email address .in and .com are accepted tld. They don't accept fancy tld like .online
I had provided my work email in three Amex card applications and received the link to upload documents even for application "provisionally accepted without income verification documents"

leonneel

TF Premier
I'm new to this amex family and was always afraid to own since it's low acceptance.
I'm currently considering owning one preferably enty level one smartearn.

Can anybody share the referral link? And what are the referral benefit?

kshitij_0

TF Ace
In my experience, regardless of your CIBIL score or income, if you've had a supplementary card previously—meaning the primary cardholder was your dad, mom, or a family relative—and kept the card active for as long as possible before canceling and reapplying after six months, you may not need income documentation for any of the top three cards, except for the Platinum Charge (because I haven't applied for it yet). That's one sure way, as everyone I've referred had to upload income documents, whereas I had a supplementary card in my name from 2015 to 2019. Now, I hold all three: Gold, Platinum Travel, and MRCC
So if I provide a supplementary card to my family members, there are high chances that they don't need to submit income docs when they apply for fresh application after closing the card and reapplying after 6 months?

Can I provide a supplementary card to friends?

I am already holding MRCC, if I apply through a fresh link for any other card (like Plat Trav and Gold), do I need to provide income documents?
I was getting Plat Trav upgrade offer earlier but I didn't take and now I have been getting Plat Charge which I don't want.

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So if I provide a supplementary card to my family members, there are high chances that they don't need to submit income docs when they apply for fresh application after closing the card and reapplying after 6 months?

I am already holding MRCC, if I apply through a fresh link for any other card (like Plat Trav and Gold), do I need to provide income documents?
I was getting Plat Trav upgrade offer earlier but I didn't take and now I have been getting Plat Charge which I don't want.
When I applied plat travel I was already holding mrcc, didn't provided any income docs and got it approved.

Itsoldsport

TF Buzz

I don't think that's true. I have held add on Amex Gold Card since last 10-12 years. Have applied twice or thrice in last couple of years, always rejected. Closed add on card a few months ago, still rejected and was always asked for income docs.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

No, the Amex internal score is way more important than if they hold a supplementary cold or not.

I've seen users already holding an individual Amex card and then applying for a new one, and were still asked for income proof documents.

If you hold a card already and have good CIBIL score and have been spending well, there's a high chance that it might not be required though.
And yes, applying for it separately rather than upgrading is better in my opinion as I get to use MRCC for the remaining months for free! :)

Hey @coolguy1 Need help to get AMEX Gold Charge Card via C2C Basis

I am a new AMEX Customer
MRCC is my first ever credit card
I did apply for MRCC via a referral got approved without income documents on 7th March with a limit of Rs.53000
Got the card and did few payments too

I really need the gold charge card
Saw some posts saying that we can apply for 2 amex cards in a shorter period of time if one gets approved.
Can I apply will it go through without asking income documents?

AND How to apply on card to card basis?
Should I apply through a referral again?

Need your thoughts and help for these questions

Thanks and Cheers

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

I am a new AMEX Customer
I did apply for MRCC via a referral got approved without income documents on 7th March with a limit of Rs.53000

Saw some posts saying that we can apply for 2 amex cards in a shorter period of time if one gets approved.

Thanks and Cheers
You can apply but limit on mrcc is too low already, my suggestions is don't apply for gold.

Reactions: SSV

minhazuddin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I am a new AMEX Customer

Thanks and Cheers
You can apply for 3 Amex credit cards without any gap. I applied the trifecta Amex cards within a month nd got all three.

Last edited:

parthv

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I had provided my work email in three Amex card applications and received the link to upload documents even for application "provisionally accepted without income verification documents"

It depends on person to person and their CIBIL Report matters too, but in most cases they provide income documents wavier.

I am a new AMEX Customer

Thanks and Cheers
Just giving the forum members an update
I did apply and it got approved

Which card should I apply for next
Is it the plat travel?