• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

american express platinum upgrade offer.

infiniia

TF Select
Are there any specific conditions for american express platinum travel card to platinum charge card upgrade offer from amex india.
i recieved an email to upgrade .

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is "American express platinum" card is worth to pay 60k annual fees??
It depends upon your lifestyle completely. Plus, its actually 70800 including the taxes. Makes a lot of sense if you can use all its benefits.
My personal view is, if you can spend the money, Axis Reserve probably has more 'practical' benefits and a set fee waiver criteria at a total fee of 59000. However, practical may vary from person to person depending on lifestyle. This is a card for luxury, lifestyle and must I say, vanity. If you are looking for value and everyday rewards, maybe not.
If you are someone who goes on a family vacation abroad once every few years and you are planning one such vacation, get this card when they are offering promotional MR points (115k or 125k), convert to Marriott Bonvoy, make full use of the memberships that come with the card and all offers on the card over the year, and cancel it once it is up for renewal. That ways, one can live the Amex Plat Charge experience, get all benefits one can earn out of it and have no regrets. If, at the time of renewal one feels it matches with their lifestyle, they might as well keep the card with some retention offers from AMEX.