• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

American Express Platinum Travel

Legionomous

TF Buzz
Went with the flow and used a referral link to get the AMEX Platinum travel since it was FYF. Now that I have received it, how can I make the most out of it based on experts?

The brochure received with the card says:
1) 10,000 membership points as welcome gift - Is this still relevant for FYF cards? If not, by when can I see it reflected in my account?
2) Priority pass membership - It mentions that I should receive a complementary priority pass but haven't received it along with the card. With Axis magnus, I received the priority pass along with the card but don't know about AMEX.
3) I remember some points to be rewarded as well for both the referrer and the referee. But don't know if I need to fulfil some criteria for the same.

What else could I do with the card that would help me to make the most out of it like buying some gift cards or anything similar? This is not my primary card so definitely won't be able to make spends worth 1,90,000 in a year.

kameshee17

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Went with the flow and used a referral link to get the AMEX Platinum travel since it was FYF. Now that I have received it, how can I make the most out of it based on experts?

1) 10,000 membership points as welcome gift - Is this still relevant for FYF cards? If not, by when can I see it reflected in my account?
2) Priority pass membership - It mentions that I should receive a complementary priority pass but haven't received it along with the card. With Axis magnus, I received the priority pass along with the card but don't know about AMEX.
3) I remember some points to be rewarded as well for both the referrer and the referee. But don't know if I need to fulfil some criteria for the same.

What else could I do with the card that would help me to make the most out of it like buying some gift cards or anything similar? This is not my primary card so definitely won't be able to make spends worth 1,90,000 in a year.
Amex ships priority pass from Singapore, it will come with a delay of 10-20 days. If you dont receive by then call them up.

kameshee17

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Woweeee
All priority pass are same ain't they
Yeah, They did the same with my plat charge. I dont know why they have to get it from Singapore - when i called them up thats what they told. For my wifes supplementary card, the same happened. But I got the PP in around 10 days. Looks like the tie up process for Amex and other banks for PP is different.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
As a Amex Plat Travel holder for over a year let me answer your questions

1. You don't get standard joining bonus if you use referral link ,instead you'll get some 2k or 5k points that the referral joining page must have mentioned, your reference will also get some points as well

2. Priority Pass doesn't come unless you request customer care for it ,it's pretty much useless as you don't get any free visits ,I've never bothered to get it

3. I don't think there's any spend criteria for getting joining bonus from referral link ,but referral offers can be different from person to person & time, you should check your referral joining page for that ,
Otherwise you should get those points once your 1st statement is generated

Best use of this card is spend 4L in a year while maximizing use on Reward Mimultiplier,
But if you can't do that ,just use on Reward Mimultiplier as much as possible, Gyftr has gift Vouchers for everything ranging from Amazon, Flipkart, Zomato, Swiggy ,even Jewelers and pharmacies, so check it out

And Enjoy Taj and Marriot stays ,that's the best redemption on this card

Last edited:

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can you use this card for business spends or is that a no no like with Axis cards?
Probably shouldn't, small spends might fly under their radar, but large spends mught trigger a freeze and review on your account, and from what I've read ,these reviews are brutal ,so i would avoid it

Amex has some business cards as well ,i know Platinum Charge Card comes in a business variant, there might be lower cards as well

sadhunath

TF Select
VIP Lounge

Don't use reward multiplier, it takes 120 working days to get the 3x MR points.

Instead try to use vouchers from gyftr. Gyftr gets you 3c MR points almost immediately.

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Probably shouldn't, small spends might fly under their radar, but large spends mught trigger a freeze and review on your account, and from what I've read ,these reviews are brutal ,so i would avoid it

Amex has some business cards as well ,i know Platinum Charge Card comes in a business variant, there might be lower cards as well
Thanks, was planning to use it for about 4L at one shot and be done with it. I guess infinia or platinum charge then.

Amex corp doesn't serve our business location and wanted us to create corporate FDs with them to issue corp plat as a secured card. Meh.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks, was planning to use it for about 4L at one shot and be done with it. I guess infinia or platinum charge then.

Amex corp doesn't serve our business location and wanted us to create corporate FDs with them to issue corp plat as a secured card. Meh.
It seems too much of hassle for an Amex card ,only upside being It's corporate charge card with no pre set limit

Look into Bizblack / Bizpower by HDFC

manju1

TF Buzz

4 lakh shouldn't be a problem, i myself have done quite a few transactions like these, never faced an issue with Amex

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
3) referrer gets the point as soon as you get approval for the card even if you dont activate it iirc. You need to spend 5k in 90 days to get your share of referral benefits.