• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon Pay - Card declined..

shivkumar

TF Select
My Amazon Pay CC got declined.. received SMS to apply again after 6 months.. Is there any way to apply this card through branch or agent..

I am ICICI customer since about 2005... have a Sapphiro & Coral Card..

applied for amazon pay card day before yesterday... still application under process.. the page mentioned 60s processing..

the amazon account that I applied from does not have prime membership, also just 1 transaction..

got a email to do VKYC & submit ITR, income docs.. but on logging in from amazon website to check card application status no such option to do vkyc or upload documents.. the status is application under process..

while applying I was asked for PAN, Aadhaar, income source, address, etc..

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is the Amazon account registered on the same mobile number, or someone else's ?

Since you have such a long relationship with ICICI and you also have their credit cards, I dont see a reason why this should be declined, other than some technical error or mismatch. Email them and ask for the specific reason..You may also approach any icici branch and tell the offline agent to process it.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My Amazon Pay CC got declined.. received SMS to apply again after 6 months.. Is there any way to apply this card through branch or agent..

I am ICICI customer since about 2005... have a Sapphiro & Coral Card..

applied for amazon pay card day before yesterday... still application under process.. the page mentioned 60s processing..

the amazon account that I applied from does not have prime membership, also just 1 transaction..

got a email to do VKYC & submit ITR, income docs.. but on logging in from amazon website to check card application status no such option to do vkyc or upload documents.. the status is application under process..

while applying I was asked for PAN, Aadhaar, income source, address, etc..
Nowhere from the above info, we can conclude that your APAY application was declined.. As you already got other ICICI cards, you should get APAY card as well.
Talk to CC.. there may be some technical issue..
All the best

shivkumar

TF Select
Phone number & email for both ICICI & Amazon is same..

Spoke to the offline agent at branch am told this card can only be obtained applying through the amazon website..

KLB@96

TF Premier
I previously applied and got approved apay card which I applied from brothers amazon account and I later cancelled it . I have my own amazon account now and it says am not eligible for apay card and carzy is my brother got approved for apay card which he applied from his account. Contacted icici and they told cant do anything.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
With Sapphiro and Coral, Apay should be super easy to get.

Something doesn't feel right here. Try speaking to Amazon Pay Card support team or the ICICI team to know the reason for rejection and that should help you in re-applying the right way again.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I previously applied and got approved apay card which I applied from brothers amazon account and I later cancelled it . I have my own amazon account now and it says am not eligible for apay card and carzy is my brother got approved for apay card which he applied from his account. Contacted icici and they told cant do anything.
I heard if you cancel APAY once, it’s very hard to get it back.. not sure how true it is though

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I heard if you cancel APAY once, it’s very hard to get it back.. not sure how true it is though
Ufff, but it's a lifetime free credit card, not sure why anyone would cancel it?

But indeed a heads up for people who are clearing their portfolio or minimizing their cards to skip closing this one.

shivkumar

TF Select
received email I have 4 icici cards so this application has been declined.. but I have 2 cards coral & sapphire.. I have written back to them..

I have few joint accounts with other family members (I am second holder of same).. looks like they are counting their cards as mine..

any idea if this sapphiro card can be converted to amazon pay.. if it can be done it will work for me.. as main use of this card will be amazon discount..

Last edited:

KLB@96

TF Premier
received email I have 4 icici cards so this application has been declined.. but I have 2 cards coral & sapphire.. I have written back to them..

I have few joint accounts with other family members (I am second holder of same).. looks like they are counting their cards as mine..

any idea if this sapphiro card can be converted to amazon pay.. if it can be done it will work for me.. as main use of this card will be amazon discount..
I do not think any card can be converted to apay

shivkumar

TF Select
Most probably they have converted my Sapphiro card to Amazon Pay.. they had called last week and asked me to apply after 180 days... I told them the issue of multiple cards in my name will arise again, at least they should sort this out..

on the amazon website the 180 days wait & apply is now gone.. its now showing upgrade to prime..

I choose sapphiro inspite of being life time free & premium is because I am not using the same.. the coral is the only rupay card I have so retained it..

the branch manager has promised me sapphiro ltf free after few months..

this amazon card will help save in amazon shopping..

Last edited: