• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Air India FFP

aniruddhaadhe

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,
I have points in SBbI Air India card and wan to book Air India flight using those points for me and family. The condition for booking flight tickets for family is that u first need to fly at least 5 times 😅

I want to know whether can we transfer these points to other star alliance partners?

Any other workaround?

Thanks

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
That condition itself is a big red flag. Air India's FFP is one of the worst. Very high miles requirement for award seats. And the inability to book star alliance through their FFP makes it undesirable. And no, there's no way you can transfer points to any partner. So you are stuck with those points.

aniruddhaadhe

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
One thing I can do with it though. Not sure whether this plan would work.
Experts plz suggest.

My own ticket I can book using AirIndia points.
And then for same flight, I can book tickets for family using United or turkish.

How many award tickets one flight usually has?
Is it same for AirIndia and their partners?
I am flexible with dates.

Thanks

catcat

TF Select
In my case, I have flown 5+ times. The best way is to book for family using miles. As for yourself, it depends on the flight prices. If too high, use miles. (Using miles may be better than buying revenue ticket & getting 30% points). If reasonable, book from AI portal & enjoy the 30% miles.

catcat

TF Select
A question (but I'm prepared to be disappointed) - If I've redeemed miles for an economy ticket, at a later date, can I use miles to upgrade to a business class ticket?

nihalvaskar

TF Buzz
Has any one received the promised 30 reward point for self tickets? I have emailed SBI mant times still they have not fixed the problem.
And my ffp is linked have transferred 10000 points also