• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AccorPoints limitations on hotel booking - LIMIT

I recently transferred ~9.5K points in Accor Plus. When I try to make a reservation, I couldn’t use all of my points to make a Booking.

Drawbacks at the moment:
1. Cannot utilise points for Member Rate
2. Points booking is 20%higher than Member Rate
3. Limit of 2K/4K points to make a hotel booking

This is a serious bummer, I wouldn’t have transferred points to this membership.

Please let me know If I am doing something wrong. IMG_6872.png IMG_6874.png

Solution
@paluvadisurya There are some easy solutions to them:

1. You can easily utilize point in members' rate. Just make sure pay at hotel option is available, so you just book and pay at the hotel with the points gathered on your account.
2. Accor Always go with 40 EUP = 2,000 pts redemption, thus it's better to calculate it in Euro, change the currency. You can't do anything about it. So there are two kinds of redemption they do. The first I already mentioned, the second is that some hotels do also redeem pts at 20 EUR = 1,000 pts redemption. It's always wiser to pay at the hotel as you can club all the bills and pay together with the redemption.

No worries, a detailed article is coming soon to TechnoFino, almost done with it, hope...

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
But to make the reservation i will have to give my card details and then usually the hotels charge card couple of days prior to visit
Call or email to book. While booking, mention that you will pay using points. They will send a credit card authorization form for you to complete. If they charge you, request a refund, reminding them that you had previously communicated your intention to pay with points. Alternatively, book a flexible rate, which does not require prepayment.