• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor plus traveler membership for 4499 points

svijayan86

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Today I opened the All accor app and saw that accor traveler membership is available for 4499 points. Is it worth the points?

Attachments

• IMG_3200.jpeg
    IMG_3200.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 29

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Only good part is that it credits 20 bonus status nights. It helps you reach required 30 status nights faster if you want to move to Accor Gold from Silver or Accor platinum from Gold. Otherwise not much use

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
It depends
Few benefits of Accor plus travellers are
20 status nights so if you are chasing Accor gold status then you can leverage this
50% off in dining
Access to red hot rooms which gives access to upto 50% off
All accor silver tier so may be you can get some elite recognition for your upcoming stays.

The way I see it if you are planning to hit 10 nights this year , or 40 nights you can use this opportunity to get 20 status nights and get fast track upgrade to Gold or Platinum status with accor.

If you are not someone who falls in the above category then it's an offer which can be easily skipped.

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I think if they used to offer 1 day stay in this membership then it would have been a good offer. I cannot see the value right now, considering we will be spending ~9,000 INR for this.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Accor doesn't have any concept of award nights.
So all hotels can be paid via points.
Even though they don't show pay by points option at begining , you can simply book the hotel and then at check in or checkout pay using your accor points.

drsel

TF Legend
Accor doesn't have any concept of award nights.
So all hotels can be paid via points.
Even though they don't show pay by points option at begining , you can simply book the hotel and then at check in or checkout pay using your accor points.
But I thought only the hotels marked ALL can be booked using points.

If you use your credit card just to block your room, ( pay at the hotel), when you go to check in, what if they say that this hotel is not eligible for using ONLY points?

Also pay at Hotel is more expensive than non refundable booking done with only points.

Last edited:

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
But I thought only the hotels marked ALL can be booked using points.

If you use your credit card just to block your room, ( pay at the hotel), when you go to check in, what if they say that this hotel is not eligible for using ONLY points?

Also pay at Hotel is more expensive than non refundable booking done with only points.
You can mail the property and tell them that you intent to redeem your points.
Ibis properties can redeem points , even for non refundable bookings payment is not deducted instantly , the property generally used keyed payment few days prior to your booking.
In the meantime you can mail the property Nd tell them you want to redeem your points , they would Authorize the points redemption even before your checkin via OTP.

This is generally the standard practice and it can differ from property to property. But in my experience I have never ended up paying with my cc even for bookings that didn't had the All icon in them.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is it possible for pay for cab ride from Airport to Hotel using Accor points?

Cab is booking along with hotel on accor app
Cab booking is not available. However some hotels provide Airport Pickup / drop services. This can be added to your room bill and paid during the checkout. Prices however will be 1.5-2x of regular cab fares

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Cab booking is not available. However some hotels provide Airport Pickup / drop services. This can be added to your room bill and paid during the checkout. Prices however will be 1.5-2x of regular cab fares
I emailed Novotel Goa for cab pickup, but they said I cannot pay for it via points.

Did they allowed paying via points in your case?

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I emailed Novotel Goa for cab pickup, but they said I cannot pay for it via points.

Did they allowed paying via points in your case?
I used this in Singapore. Just asked them to bill this to the room and then paid by points at the checkout time.

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I used this in Singapore. Just asked them to bill this to the room and then paid by points at the checkout time.
Thanks I will try to ask them. If its possible for you please share your invoice showing this entry, so I can reference it to them on email ( you can hide your personal details ) 🙏