• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accessing Airport Lounges at Night for Early Morning Flights

mast2510

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Dear friends,

Getting to the airport from distant locations in the early morning can be quite a challenge for anyone! I would like to inquire about the possibility of accessing airport lounges during nighttime when we have early morning flights scheduled.

For instance, if my flight is at 4:55 am, would it be possible for me to access the lounge at 11:00 pm on the preceding night?

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards

As most of the lounges are present after the check-in and check in opens only 3 or 4 hours before the flight it will be difficult to access it on the previous night. In few airports there are lounges present in the arrival and access to that may be not included in the credit card program.

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Dear friends,

Getting to the airport from distant locations in the early morning can be quite a challenge for anyone! I would like to inquire about the possibility of accessing airport lounges during nighttime when we have early morning flights scheduled.

For instance, if my flight is at 4:55 am, would it be possible for me to access the lounge at 11:00 pm on the preceding night?

Regards
Some lounge do not allow this kind of early entry.. they will allow you to enter some 2/3 hours before departure time.. faced this in Bangalore..

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Dear friends,

Regards

For my trick to work, there are some T&C:
- You should not have any check-in luggage (only handbag)
- Airport should have multiple lounge options (not a single lounge)
- Should have multiple CC/DC which has lounge access for that terminal's lounges (just to be safe)
- Luck should be with you :p

Try to have security-check done at 00:00 (request security personnel that you wish to visit lounge as you need to eat something/bath/sleep, or make up something). If he/she agrees, you can rotate lounges within the terminal with different cards (you may use the same one too, *cough* hdfc *cough*)

If there is only one lounge, then you may ask them to swipe a different card (not sure if they will deny scanning the same boarding pass again)

mast2510

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
For my trick to work, there are some T&C:
- You should not have any check-in luggage (only handbag)
- Airport should have multiple lounge options (not a single lounge)
- Should have multiple CC/DC which has lounge access for that terminal's lounges (just to be safe)
- Luck should be with you :p

Try to have security-check done at 00:00 (request security personnel that you wish to visit lounge as you need to eat something/bath/sleep, or make up something). If he/she agrees, you can rotate lounges within the terminal with different cards (you may use the same one too, *cough* hdfc *cough*)

If there is only one lounge, then you may ask them to swipe a different card (not sure if they will deny scanning the same boarding pass again)
Thanks for your reply.

I have multiple credit cards (Infinia, Magnus, Regalia Gold, HDFC Tata Neu, IDFC, Axis Vistara, etc.) and I believe that some of them offer free lounge access. Even my family members have addon cards, but I have never used these benefits as they require careful planning.

I have recently considered using these perks, especially since I have early morning flights, making it easier to arrive at the airport ahead of time. However, I am facing several challenges in doing so.

I also have another query:
If I want to use the meet and greet service from Axis Magnus, do they provide this service in the middle of the night as well? I am unsure if there are any guidelines regarding this. What would you suggest?

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks for your reply.

I have multiple credit cards (Infinia, Magnus, Regalia Gold, HDFC Tata Neu, IDFC, Axis Vistara, etc.) and I believe that some of them offer free lounge access. Even my family members have addon cards, but I have never used these benefits as they require careful planning.

I have recently considered using these perks, especially since I have early morning flights, making it easier to arrive at the airport ahead of time. However, I am facing several challenges in doing so.

I also have another query:
If I want to use the meet and greet service from Axis Magnus, do they provide this service in the middle of the night as well? I am unsure if there are any guidelines regarding this. What would you suggest?
I don't think the services are time bound

But you may connect with the concierge and check before you request it

aashish2137

TF Select
I had an international flight at 6.30am. I contacted my airline which confirmed that they will accept check-in bags from 12:01am onward. So I reached around 12, dropped the bags, did the security check and immigration in about 45mins and got in the lounge. They did mention that lounge access is allowed for a max of 3 hours only but nobody checked. I took a nap and then moved out around 5.30am.

Although I'd like to mention that the chairs at Encalm lounge were not comfortable for napping. They were regular chairs. When I was walking towards the boarding gate, I noticed the waiting area had those loungers which looked significantly more comfortable for a nap. I'd suggest you rest on those if you reach early and then go in the lounge for a snack if you like.

LIIT

TF Select
I've stayed in a lounge for 6+ hours - swiped two cards at once
Later realised some other copassengers had just walked in without a swipe.

Another possible thing is - use the QR to enter - they don't check your boarding pass at that time. Thus no time restrictions!

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
most of the lounges have restriction like can access 3 hrs prior to departure..

but i don't think this is the case in delhi T3 domestic lounge.. i entered the lounge 4-5 hrs prior to my departure, but they have time limit of 2hrs as it is mostly crowded all the time..

metal_heart

TF Premier
Have done this twice at Delhi Lounge. If lounge is not packed, no body bother 2-3 hrs restrictions. The slip they give, has entry time mentioned.
As other's suggested, if you have multiple cards, just swipe another cards after 2-3 hrs for peace of mind

However, In Dubai, I saw they scribble on ticket aswell, to indicate lounge has been accessed via this ticket. Not seen something like this in Delhi

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
If you need to collect the boarding pass at the airport, then no point in reaching so early as the check-in counters will not open until 4 hours prior to departure. But if you have already printed your boarding pass and have carry-on only, you can give it a shot. Lounges usually don't provide entry until 3 hours before boarding time. However I have gained access several times during long layovers upon request.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I saw a post somewhere that according th DGCA, a traveler is allowed to checkin at the airlines counter, submit their baggage, 24hrs before their flight.

In India, its another thing, that the staff didnt even show up few hours before the flight. All this depends on the airlines.

You can even go out of the airport after checkin (example - dmk).

One time, i landed at delhi 1am from abroad, next flight was on indigo 8am. Indigo was not allowing me to checkin. After few staff, they called the shift manager and i told them about the dgca rule can checkin 24hrs earlier. Then he checked in my 2 suitcases, gave me the boarding pass and then i went to the lounge, had few hrs of sleep.