• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

About Card to card application

Karthik:

TF Premier
Can anyone explain about this card to card credit card application ? Is the card issued by the new provider is in place of our existing credit card ? Do we need to close the precious credit card ? And what are the existing credit limits required, to qualify for the right credit card varient of all top CC issuers viz HDFC, SBI, ICICI, Axis etc i.e existing credit limit required against each credit card issued by them ?
Like for eg if a person has ICICI credit card with credit limit of Rs.2.5 Lacs, what are all the credit cards he is eligible (Bank wise) and is this existing card closed in the process ?

pandeyji

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I might be wrong but I'll take a shot at it. So your existing credit card is independent of your new credit card. When you apply for a credit card, you need to show the bank that you are "worthy". Generally your salary slips or ITR is used, sometimes they use your NRV with them to check. In c2c case, they use your existing credit card as basis for your credit appetite. Your new card's fee, credit limit and approval of application etc, would depend on existing credit card, time for which you are holding it and it's credit limit etc. You existing card is totally unaware of the process, hence nothing changes there.