• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

50 Lakh Cover for Rs 7,123/-. Too good to be true ?

APT

TF Buzz
1) Correct, bank has confirmed the same. It will continue after 60. Only condition is that if you close the ICICI savings account then policy cannot be renewed.

2) ICICI has discontinued policy less then 25L. 25L is minimum.

3) For modern surgeries, capping is 50% off the SI. This is still better then other policies which cap to base SI as this 25L policy is cheaper then 10L policy.

4) If you are under 35, the policy is practically free when you consider the extensive free health check up included. Health check up with most other policies does not include radiology.
icici lombard says it stops at 60 since they are the provider of this policy .please confirm

xfactcc

TF Premier
icici lombard says it stops at 60 since they are the provider of this policy .please confirm
When it comes to insurance IRDAI is the regulator.

As per it's comprehensive guidelines on its website, all general insurance companies will have an entry age of 18 to maximum at least 65 (this insurer has set its own, should be challenged)

Entry age means the age when one can join the insurance. However, once insured it must continue, no insurance company can just drop you after a certain age or condition, that will be against IRDAI guidelines.

narun2001

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So, I wanted to take a health insurance and decided to check policies and premiums. The huge difference is making my mind go nuts. what am I missing?

Policy 1: ICICI Lombard Health Shield 360, 50 Lakh health cover for 1 Adult is 7,123 rupees.
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Aj-KtmxrLYJ1jRc6CiDpMnqF52fH?e=0X7cxT

Policy 2: HDFC Ergo Optima Secure, 50 Lakh cover for 1 adult is 69044 rupees.
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Aj-KtmxrLYJ1jRgMULZF5jwu2WPT?e=3ZmYmo

The difference in premium is too much. Anyone else came across the same ?
I undestand that it's been long, however, would it be possible for you to make these links working again or re upload and share? TIA