• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

10k Amex Taj Voucher - Redemption Query (can i book online-member rate?)

GoodGuy

TF Buzz
Hi i have 2 queries :
1. i have an Amex 10K taj voucher. can i book on their website tajhotels.com , Book a member rate and can use the 10K voucher while checking out ?
(i read somewhere that i need to call them and book ). can't i book online ?
2. How many vouchers can i use while checking out . As i am planning to stay for 2 nights.. it is going over 18K.. Can i use another voucher as well ? anyone know this?

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can't book member rate. Book through the hotel and inform them that you will use voucher for payment

Yes, you can use multiple vouchers

GoodGuy

TF Buzz
You can't book member rate. Book through the hotel and inform them that you will use voucher for payment

Yes, you can use multiple vouchers
ok thanks... I am going to call and book - Just out of curiosity have 2 more questions:
1. I think i can book standard rates instead of member rate if i want to book online if i want to use amex 10K voucher ?
2. Also, If i am using Taj Gift Card (not the amex sent - but purchased from amex points) - will i be able to book member rate ?

Raun

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I had recently visited Taj Wayanad for a 2 night stay at member rates. I had 24k collection voucher as well as Amex 10k voucher.
24k collection voucher as well as vouchers purchased from gyftr was accepted but the property denied to redeem Amex 10k voucher. Subsequently had to convert the 1 night member rates to standard rates to avail the 10k Amex voucher.

jk51

TF Premier
ok thanks... I am going to call and book - Just out of curiosity have 2 more questions:
1. I think i can book standard rates instead of member rate if i want to book online if i want to use amex 10K voucher ?
2. Also, If i am using Taj Gift Card (not the amex sent - but purchased from amex points) - will i be able to book member rate ?
From my experience redemption against online booking is a hit or miss. At one property it went through whereas at another it dint so I would say if you intend to redeem your vouchers fully without any kind of risk then make a reservation by dropping a mail to the respective property clearly mentioning your intention to pay for the booking through voucher. The 10k Taj voucher condition states requirement to book through reservations but is silent with respect to standard or member rates.

Raun

TF Select
VIP Lounge
From my experience redemption against online booking is a hit or miss. At one property it went through whereas at another it dint so I would say if you intend to redeem your vouchers fully without any kind of risk then make a reservation by dropping a mail to the respective property clearly mentioning your intention to pay for the booking through voucher. The 10k Taj voucher condition states requirement to book through reservations but is silent with respect to standard or member rates.
They particularly said that T&C mentions publicly best available rate and member rates do not qualify for that.

aayusharyan

TF Ace
They particularly said that T&C mentions publicly best available rate and member rates do not qualify for that.
It really depends on the person at the counter I guess. In my experience,I have been able to combine both offers. It was a stay of around 2.5 days. The voucher was deducted from the total bill 24 -> 14K