• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

💳 Metal Credit Cards offered In Indian Market

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am crowdsourcing this list and trying to create a single repository of all metal credit cards being offered in India. Please feel free to provide your suggestions in the comment and we can have this article up-to-date with the latest offerings in the market.

Last Updated: November 10, 2023

Card Offered
Weight (in Gram; variance -1G +1G)​
Annual Fee (INR; LTF/FYF)​
Comment
American Express Centurion Charge Card
14G (Link)​
11L + GST​
-
American Express Platinum Charge Card / American Express Platinum Business Credit Card
17G (link)​
60K + GST
45K + GST (legacy cards)​
Amex Platinum is being offered for 60K+GST with 1.15L joining reward points.
Amex Platinum Corporate Card is different from Business Credit Card. B'CC is for commercial expenses. Personally, this is the best offering from Amex.
Citibank Prestige Credit Card
10G (Link)​
20K + GST
FYF offered*​
Limited offering. Axis may offer Axis Select/Magnus. Consider this card off reach now India after Axis takeover.
HDFC Infinia Credit Card
17G (Link)​
12.5K + GST
LTF on PVC variant​
Travel spend-based card. If you prefer getting rewarded over flights / hotels.
Reward to INR ratio of 1:1 is great! ONLY with Smartbuy.
HDFC DCB Metal Credit Card
18G (Link)​
10k + GST​
Fee reversal after spending 8L in a year.
HDFC Biz Black Metal
To be updated​
10k + GST​
Fee waiver - spent Rs. 7.5L in a year.

or spend Rs.1.5 Lakhs in first 90 days of card issuance to get First Year Joining Fee waived off (Applicable for fresh issuance only)
IDFC First Private Credit Card
17G​
50k + GST
FYF offered*​
Axis Bank Burgundy Private - One Card
18G​
LTF**​
Sounds like One-Card but much cooler, much expensive & still holds 5:4 transfer ratio. Maintain a very high NRV with Axis.
Axis Bank Reserve Credit Card
17G (link)​
50K + GST
FYF offered*​
I won't recommend this anymore.
Axis Bank Magnus for Burgundy Credit Card
12G (link)​
LTF*​
Only issued to Axis Burgundy customers. You get the coveted 4:3 transfer ratio to transfer partners. No more 25k milestone bonus. Still has edge over Infinia.
Axis Bank Magnus Credit Card
12G (link)​
10K + GST
LTF & FYF offered*​
Axis is giving this card out like candies. Anyone with 3-4L CC can apply. Keep it if you have it as LTF otherwise ignore.
SBI Aurum Credit Card
17G (link)​
10K + GST​
IndusInd Bank Pioneer Heritage Credit Card
18G​
Kotak White Reserve Credit Card
12.5K + GST​
HSBC Premier Mastercard Credit Card
17G​
LTF​
You can only get metal variant of this card after spending 20L in a year.
ICICI Emeralde Private Metal Credit Card
17G (link)​
12k + GST​
2023 Variant is issued as Metal. You will get equal RP points; 1RP = 1Rs.
DSB Vantage
50k + GST
20K + GST
10K + GST​
The card has annual fee of Rs 50k. However, for DBS Bank’s Treasures Elite customers fee is Rs 10k & for the Treasures customers fee is Rs 20k.
Yes Bank BYOC
3,499 + GST​
Additional fee for metal variant
IndusInd Avios (Qatar & British Airways)
40k Joining Fee
10k Annual Fee​
IndusInd Vistara Explore
40k Joining Fee
10k Annual Fee​
AU Zenith+ Metal Credit Card
4,999 + GST​
Subsequent year fee reversal after spending 8L in a year.
One-Card Credit Card (Multiple Banking Partners)
18G (link)​
LTF​
Unsecured metal variant is provided at a fee (if one is upgrading from PVC). It's a decent card. Go for it! I'll say members who are new to CC game, get the metal.
* On meeting certain banking needs such as TRV, RM/BM push etc. Simple business case to case.
** As long as banking status is maintained

Soon to launch (more than just speculation at this point)
  • HDFC Cobranded Apple Credit Card
  • HDFC Infinia Reserve Credit Card

Thank you,
1RC

This article would not be possible without the help of our members. So thank you everyone.

Last edited:

Hisoka

TF Ace
Can someone tell which is the heaviest card out of all these? It seems all metal cards are not the same weight

For reference
Normal plastic cards are 5g, Axis Magnus is 12g, OneCard is 16g

I know Infinia is heavier than OneCard, but I'm curious which one is the heaviest and feels most premium

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Emralde new variant has come which is offered as a metal card
Damiant as someone mentioned is a Plastic card
Website is not saying so. Generally websites boast about card being metal. Can you please guide me to a post on this forum that shows card is now metal? I am trying to put only those cards which explicitly market themselves as metal

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can someone tell which is the heaviest card out of all these? It seems all metal cards are not the same weight

For reference

I know Infinia is heavier than OneCard, but I'm curious which one is the heaviest and feels most premium
You might want to search a thread where such cards were weight. Go to twitter and see all these cards being weighed.

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Website is not saying so. Generally websites boast about card being metal. Can you please guide me to a post on this forum that shows card is now metal? I am trying to put only those cards which explicitly market themselves as metal
Anirban shared a photo in which it was mentioned as metal.
Anyways it's a new variant it isn't up on the website yet

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
AFAIK, these are not offered as Metal?
@SPS has already shared the photo in a thread. Diamant is an old card and has always been offered in PVC. Emeralde Private will be a metal card but they haven't launched yet. Vanilla Emeralde on the other hand is a Plastic card (I'm holding the Amex variant of the same).
Same can be said about Magnus.
No. Magnus has plastic film pasted on both sides with details printed on them. Aurum has a metal sheet totally wrapped in PVC enclosure with enough gap on left side. You bend it from sides and metal will pop out from inside of the card. Other metal cards I've seen have either everything printed on metal (Apple card) or metal front and plastic back (Amex).

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
It's a nascent stage. One of the community members have received it too.

Reactions: 1RC

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
@SPS has already shared the photo in a thread. Diamant is an old card and has always been offered in PVC. Emeralde Private will be a metal card but they haven't launched yet. Vanilla Emeralde on the other hand is a Plastic card (I'm holding the Amex variant of the same).

No. Magnus has a plastic film pasted on both sides with details printed on them. Aurum has a metal sheet totally wrapped in PVC enclosure with enough gap on left side. You bend it from sides and metal will pop out from inside of the card. Other metal cards I've seen have either everything printed on metal (Apple card) or metal front and plastic back (Amex).
Could you share the link of the thread in which damiant photo is posted
I want to see it

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Could you share the link of the thread in which damiant photo is posted
I want to see it

Here it is.

PapaSierra

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

For reference

Infinia is the heaviest card I own.
Out of Infinia, Magnus & Amex Plat Charge.

PapaSierra

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

No. Magnus has plastic film pasted on both sides with details printed on them. Aurum has a metal sheet totally wrapped in PVC enclosure with enough gap on left side. You bend it from sides and metal will pop out from inside of the card. Other metal cards I've seen have either everything printed on metal (Apple card) or metal front and plastic back (Amex).
All wireless enabled cards will have some plastic film, otherwise the NFC will not work.
Infinia & Amex Plat Charge have a PVC film on the back, Magnus has on both front and back with metal sandwiched in between.

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
@SPS How did you get damiant and can you share a photo of the same
Would love to see it
image_picker1239929343251591970.jpg Screenshot_20230716-220849_Brave.jpg
Image credits @SPS

aniruddhaadhe

TF Premier
VIP Lounge