• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Vistara Inactive

Rdspam

TF Premier
I currently hold IDFC Select and Power Plus. I applied for an IDFC Vistara card this week and it was instantly generated. I now see that the joining fee of 5900 has also been billed. I do not want to use this card and I haven’t as yet. Will they close it after a week of inactivity and will they also reverse the fees?

Rdspam

TF Premier
Why did you apply for a 5.9k card if you didn't want to pay for it?
Technically the card will close on its own if you don't activate it by 30 days.
Contact cc to reverse the fees.
Good question. 6 reasons:
1) I am stupid
2) I realised SBI vistara is a better option
3) validity of vouchers is lower than I expected
5) many exclusions and hidden t&c
6) I am stupid

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
I currently hold IDFC Select and Power Plus. I applied for an IDFC Vistara card this week and it was instantly generated. I now see that the joining fee of 5900 has also been billed. I do not want to use this card and I haven’t as yet. Will they close it after a week of inactivity and will they also reverse the fees?
If you have activated the card already then you can only ask cust care to reverse fee. Activated card will not close after a week of inactivity. If cards are not activated, it will automatically close after 30 days.

Rdspam

TF Premier
If you have activated the card already then you can only ask cust care to reverse fee. Activated card will not close after a week of inactivity. If cards are not activated, it will automatically close after 30 days.
Sorry, I meant 30 days. I haven’t activated it or done anything to it but I do see they have billed fees. They have also done the vistara upgrade and sent the free ticket. How will these be handled on closure?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I was in same position last week for SWYP card .

Here is the deal
If you call customer care they will say u have to pay the fees bcz they are untrained .

Now what's the solution

Text them on Twitter/X -
Write in a harsh way - explaining how tf u feel.cheated and there is so many exclusion and devaluation happened in card it doesn't make sense to use the card and you feel cheated .

You will get call from their executive of credit card department.
Tell them u don't want the card and cancel.the card.

They will comply as it's recorded call .

Viola u r done + don't even mention about paying fees
If it comes to thing u have to pay the fees - they just ask for rbi ombudsman grievance redressal in same call and ask them to mail you specific.

Ideally it should be done without hiccups

Rdspam

TF Premier
I was in same position last week for SWYP card .

Here is the deal
If you call customer care they will say u have to pay the fees bcz they are untrained .

Now what's the solution

Text them on Twitter/X -
Write in a harsh way - explaining how tf u feel.cheated and there is so many exclusion and devaluation happened in card it doesn't make sense to use the card and you feel cheated .

You will get call from their executive of credit card department.
Tell them u don't want the card and cancel.the card.

They will comply as it's recorded call .

Viola u r done + don't even mention about paying fees
If it comes to thing u have to pay the fees - they just ask for rbi ombudsman grievance redressal in same call and ask them to mail you specific.

Ideally it should be done without hiccups
Wow they tell you themselves to go to ombudsman?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Wow they tell you themselves to go to ombudsman?
Read again !
I said u will be saying that u didn't activate the card post delivery of card / appoval of card ..
So within 30 days it should be deactivated..but here u r telling them to cancel..
So no fees would be levied
Citing the rbi rules which they need to adhere

Rdspam

TF Premier
Read again !
I said u will be saying that u didn't activate the card post delivery of card / appoval of card ..
So within 30 days it should be deactivated..but here u r telling them to cancel..
So no fees would be levied
Citing the rbi rules which they need to adhere
Okay got it, thank you!!