• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank launched its debit card reward system

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
IDFC First Bank launched its debit card reward system recently. Now you'll earn reward points for spending money using your IDFC First Bank debit card.
Reward portal link - https://www.firstrewards.com/

Screenshot_20230204_124537_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reward system for IDFC First Bank normal debit card-
2000 welcome reward points on IDFC First normal debit card transaction above Rs. 1000

Online transaction- earn 2 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 1 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 150) for every Rs. 150 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 20,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Select debit card reward system-
4000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 3 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 2 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 150) for every Rs. 150 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 50,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Wealth debit card reward system-
8000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 4 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 3 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 150) for every Rs. 150 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 50,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Private debit card reward system-
20,000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 6 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 4 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend

Exclusions: Payment to Mutual Funds, Insurance, Financial Institutions, Security Brokers, Dealers, Wallet Uploads, Quasi Cash, ATM Withdrawals, Credit Card Payments and Account Transfers transactions are not a part of FIRST Rewards program, Please refer to the TnC page for specific Merchant Codes that are excluded.

1 reward point = Rs. 0.25

Note: You'll earn core reward points depending on your debit card variant, along with the 10X points.

A monthly reward point accrual capping will be applicable based on user’s program membership. (w.e.f. 1st December 2023)

Type of ProgramMonthly Point Capping
General8,000
Select30,000
Wealth50,000
Private5,00,000

How to redeem- You can redeem your reward points against gift vouchers, flight booking, recharge, etc.
Just click on "Redeem" and you'll see all the available options.
Link- https://www.firstrewards.com/user/burn

Reward Rate:-

IDFC First Bank Normal Debit Card-
Online- 0.33%
Offline- 0.17%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2%; Offline- 1.84%

IDFC First Bank Select Debit Card-
Online- 0.50%
Offline- 0.33%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2.17%; Offline- 2%

IDFC First Bank Wealth Debit Card-
Online- 0.67%
Offline- 0.50%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2.34%; Offline- 2.17%

IDFC First Bank Private Debit Card-
Online- 1%
Offline- 0.67%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2.67%; Offline- 2.34%

Update on 14th July: IDFC First Bank relaunched its debit card reward system on 14th July, 2023.
We've made the necessary changes in the article.

Update on 22 Dec, 2023: IDFC First Bank updated its debit card reward system on 1st Dec, 2023.
We've made the necessary changes in the article.

Last edited:
Jitna bhi kiye the, unke baap ka kya ja raha hai. It was all white, and legitimate. abhi inko mail kiya hai, nahin reply karenge toh rbi escalation.
Chu bank hai. Isse 100x transactions I do on my main account (citibank)
Maine kab bola illegal hai.
I was just asking how much transaction you did so that everyone in the community will take necessary precaution.

If you don't mind sharing, can you tell your account variant & how old is your account?

crasher

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Maine kab bola illegal hai.
I was just asking how much transaction you did so that everyone in the community will take necessary precaution.

If you don't mind sharing, can you tell your account variant & how old is your account?
account is 2-3 months old, wealth acc.
tx amount was 5-6 lakhs cc bill payment via sbi unipay genuine spends.
paid my plat charge bill.
money was transferred to this account via mobikwik wallet.
there were few livquick withdrawls as well.
not sure what caused the freeze.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
account is 2-3 months old
money was transferred to this account via mobikwik wallet.
I think these two are important factors that led to account freeze. High amount involving wallets or (P2P) in any manner is a red flag.

Their systems are trained to suspect transactions involving wallets like Mobikwik

crasher

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I think these two are important factors that led to account freeze. High amount involving wallets or (P2P) in any manner is a red flag.

Their systems are trained to suspect transactions involving wallets like Mobikwik
it was from my own wallet, both accounts are fully kyc. Lets see what they respond.

Mujhe nazar nhi lagwani but i did way way more value transactions in the month of account opening still not freezed.
His only mistake was to transfer money from mobikwik wallet to his account. that's what flagged his account.

once any account is flagged, manual scrutiny is done, upon which they found several other high value transactions which finally led to freezing of account.

His only mistake was to transfer money from mobikwik wallet to his account. that's what flagged his account.

once any account is flagged, manual scrutiny is done, upon which they found several other high value transactions which finally led to freezing of account.
This is idfc problem because hdfc never freezes anyones account even if you do insane amount of transactions.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
it was from my own wallet, both accounts are fully kyc. Lets see what they respond.
Wallets are not looked upon favourably due to their majority usage in money rotation via credit cards. In your case also, having such a high amount in wallet itself can raise questions and hence transfer to main account is flagged. It doesn't matter wether it is full KYC or not

This is idfc problem because hdfc never freezes anyones account even if you do insane amount of transactions.
Yes, mere hdfc account me bhi bahut jyada hi transaction ho jata h...but they never freeze your account.
they will sometime call you to get details about any particular transaction that is flagged by their system but will never freeze it directly without asking.

I really appreciate HDFC for this.

IDFC should change its tagline to Never You FIRST. 😂 😂

Last edited:

xvd1

TF Buzz
Id-fc is rubbish. They first froze all debits from the account. Then after opening that, they've blocked transactions to unipay via dc. DC works everywhere else except unipay now. They had done similar thing previously when using cheq too!

pank110294

TF Select
Jitna bhi kiye the, unke baap ka kya ja raha hai. It was all white, and legitimate. abhi inko mail kiya hai, nahin reply karenge toh rbi escalation.
Chu bank hai. Isse 100x transactions I do on my main account (citibank)
Savings acnt are not meant to do a lot of txns bhai...Yhi rsn hoga ..Darr ka mahol hai..Although even SBI calls u to ask the reason and restrain from doing such txns...They dnt block...All The banks do that..Inka alag hi chal raha...

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.