• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex MRCC application rejection

I applied for the MRCC through referral, and as soon as I filled the application and submitted it, it got rejected saying that the application doesnt meet internal criteria. Called the customer care, they said cannot tell the reason but re apply only after 3 months.
Cibil is 800+, package is 25lpa+, location is Bangalore, already have some good cc (axis infinite, idfc wealth). Not sure what i did wrong and what should I do differently next time. Any idea? Or happened with someone and they got some solution?

Naro007

TF Buzz
I applied for the MRCC through referral, and as soon as I filled the application and submitted it, it got rejected saying that the application doesnt meet internal criteria. Called the customer care, they said cannot tell the reason but re apply only after 3 months.
Cibil is 800+, package is 25lpa+, location is Bangalore, already have some good cc (axis infinite, idfc wealth). Not sure what i did wrong and what should I do differently next time. Any idea? Or happened with someone and they got some solution?
I think u need to apply for platinum travel, reserve or charge instead...

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Do you have any cc payment miss. I think Amex looks considers missed payment criteria as huge. Else you need to ask reason for declining.
Mail Id's - https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/all-bank-credit-card-department-email-id-phone-no.529/

D₹V

TF Prestige
Sad brother. Didn't the referral guy guide you??

Next time contact @BestBanker before applilication.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Please check your DM and reply to me the details mentioned.. I may try to help you out in finding the reason for rejection..

LvTefi

TF Buzz
Mind sharing the rejection reason if you got to know?

7alvis

TF Buzz
So I applied for MRCC and got the video KYC done and uploaded my ITR3 and Form 26AS and my bank statement. My ITR is of 5.99L. This is the response I received on e-mail.
After reviewing your application, it has come to our notice that the details provided in your application do not meet our internal requirements for Card issuance. As a result, we are not able to process your application.
On a call with customer care, they said they can't disclose any reason for the same.
I read over here multiple people got help from @BestBanker and others as well. I too am hoping for some of that magic. 🙏
BTW, my gross income before deductions is 5.99L after deductions, its 4.49. Does that make any difference because afaik CC companies check on gross income. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
So I applied for MRCC and got the video KYC done and uploaded my ITR3 and Form 26AS and my bank statement. My ITR is of 5.99L. This is the response I received on e-mail.

On a call with customer care, they said they can't disclose any reason for the same.
I read over here multiple people got help from @BestBanker and others as well. I too am hoping for some of that magic. 🙏
BTW, my gross income before deductions is 5.99L after deductions, its 4.49. Does that make any difference because afaik CC companies check on gross income. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
for MRCC gross total should be >=6 lakhs. that could be reason and also merged your thread and read the comment on this thread.

7alvis

TF Buzz
I did ask the customer care person who also said it eligibility is seen before deductions. The person also confirmed that my pin code is serviceable. Gross total being 5.99 will make any difference vs 6L?
I also have 2 credit cards from HDFC and ICICI Amazon and never missed any payments. Also am a part of a home loan, never missed any payments on that too. Credit score last time I saw was 780.