• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI OMBUDSMAN-sbi gave compensation of 15000 for double cibil enquiry

invisiblespace

TF Select
Ah..I see.
RBI's default modus operandi for such cases is "settlement", usually, without heavily penalizing any party.
But SBI was definitely at fault here. Moreover, SBI misled RBI by telling that they have already removed the extra enquiry. They just doubled it and passed it to SBI for deciding. 😄
Misleading is something RBI does not like at all, this is what I have seen in my cases with banks. When banks try to play smart with RBI, then RBI usually becomes too generous in compensation and too strict in following the order.

Was 15k the max compensation you asked for in your complaint?
asked 1 lac ( maximum limit rbi can award)😂

Ak Singh

TF Premier
Its closed under facilitation
Raised fresh again mentioning old complaint no
Sbi also made two enquiries in my cibil also on 6 April 2024. (Ss attached)
Bro can you share draft for complain to RBI and also sbi email id for complain.
Yesterday I contacted sbi cards on Twitter they message me the will contact me in few days?
Should I wait or when should I escalate to it RBI? means after how many days later?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240419-141136__01__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20240419-141136__01__01.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 37

#aniket

TF Ace
Sbi also made two enquiries in my cibil also on 6 April 2024. (Ss attached)
Bro can you share draft for complain to RBI and also sbi email id for complain.
Yesterday I contacted sbi cards on Twitter they message me the will contact me in few days?
Should I wait or when should I escalate to it RBI? means after how many days later?
You should have to wait atleast 30 days in case of no reply.

Or else, if they reply unsatisfactorily at anytime within 30 days, you can lodge your complaint immediately.

#aniket

TF Ace
Just like @techt is vouching for forfeiting the reward by sbi in 6 months, I am vouching for SBI blacklisting your profile in their database after this episode. May be they won't offer you any fee reversals/ltf offer and also possibility of closing the card citing misuse.
Itna mat darao, bhai ne SBI se compensation leke aaya hai 😂

Jo hoga baad me dekha jayega saha jayega...firh dusra complaint, discrimination pe 😂

Kudos to @invisiblespace !☺️

invisiblespace

TF Select
Just like @techt is vouching for forfeiting the reward by sbi in 6 months, I am vouching for SBI blacklisting your profile in their database after this episode. May be they won't offer you any fee reversals/ltf offer and also possibility of closing the card citing misuse.
Sbi is sbi lets see
Try Harder Bring It On GIF by Salman Khan Films

in this episode i got direct calls from nodal officers tried to convince me in all sorts (gave mobile number to save and connect directly if any doubts in this complaint 😂 ) felt as privileged customer of public sector bank 😄😇

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
in this episode i got direct calls from nodal officers tried to convince me in all sorts (gave mobile number to save and connect directly if any doubts in this complaint 😂 ) felt as privileged customer of public sector bank 😄😇
you should have mentioned this episode too... i take my words back..sbi will convert your cards to ltf, just whatsapp/sms that nodal officer.

girish3456

TF Premier
Sbi gave 15000 compensation for double cibil enquiry

the story
  • Applied cashback credit card in july 23 got approved in august 23
  • Cibil enquiry was made both the times
  • Mailed sbi to remove they denied it
  • Complained to RBI OMBUDSMAN- after many months got compensation and enquiry removed successfully
A small success story - happy to share this as I started my credit journey from this TF community and learned many things 🎉
Can you help me with the similar issue as I have faced similar issue with ICICI and they are saying it's me who done enquiry.