• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI OMBUDSMAN-sbi gave compensation of 15000 for double cibil enquiry

invisiblespace

TF Select
Sbi gave 15000 compensation for double cibil enquiry

the story
  • Applied sbi credit card in july 23 got approved in august 23
  • Cibil enquiry was made both the times
  • Mailed sbi to remove they denied it
  • Complained to RBI OMBUDSMAN- after many months got compensation and enquiry removed successfully
A small success story - happy to share this as I started my credit journey from this TF community and learned many things 🎉

Attachments

• IMG_2308.jpeg
    IMG_2308.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

vijay.vj

TF Ace

the story
  • Applied cashback credit card in july 23 got approved in august 23
  • Complained to RBI OMBUDSMAN- after many months got compensation and enquiry removed successfully
A small success story - happy to share this as I started my credit journey from this TF community and learned many things 🎉
Can you please share what exactly did you quote for compensation part

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

the story
People holding HDFC cards after this post:
Just Do It Running GIF by Rocky

Quantum

TF Premier

the story
Cool!
Does that mean you applied for the same credit card two times via two different application # and that's why two CIBIL enquiry?

Quantum

TF Premier
No
Only one application
Ah..I see.
RBI's default modus operandi for such cases is "settlement", usually, without heavily penalizing any party.
But SBI was definitely at fault here. Moreover, SBI misled RBI by telling that they have already removed the extra enquiry. They just doubled it and passed it to RBI for deciding. 😄
Misleading is something RBI does not like at all, this is what I have seen in my cases with banks. When banks try to play smart with RBI, then RBI usually becomes too generous in compensation and too strict in following the order.

Was 15k the max compensation you asked for in your complaint?

Last edited:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

the story
Damnnn... amazing 👏 🤩