• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Taj vouchers

Vish

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I got my Amex platinum travel card in 2020. And have reached the 4L milestone in 2020, 21 and 22. In between Amex had some monthly spend based offers on my wife's Gold charge card which we scrubbed. So I've 50k worth of Taj vouchers. I've not used the vouchers before so wanted to ask if there were any hidden terms and conditions and how I can go about the booking?

For example, if I want to use the vouchers for a 3 night stay in Taj Mahal Palace, New Delhi

1. Can I use multiple vouchers for stay of multiple nights?
2. Few vouchers on my card and few on my wife's card. Is that fine?
3. Anything apart from stay is covered with these vouchers?
4. Are there any minimum charges we need to bear like GST etc we need to bear?
5. Should I inform the hotel that I'll pay using vouchers upfront?
6. Anything else I should know of based on your experiences.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I got my Amex platinum travel card in 2020. And have reached the 4L milestone in 2020, 21 and 22. In between Amex had some monthly spend based offers on my wife's Gold charge card which we scrubbed. So I've 50k worth of Taj vouchers. I've not used the vouchers before so wanted to ask if there were any hidden terms and conditions and how I can go about the booking?

For example, if I want to use the vouchers for a 3 night stay in Taj Mahal Palace, New Delhi

I thought Voucher with Plat Travel 4L Spend ate only good for 1 year ,how did you accumulate them for 4-5 yrs ?

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So

So, specific to epicure, what I personally do is this; at check in I give them my epicure card and tell them to apply the respective discounts. They take a picture of the card and make a note on their system for discounting all the future invoices be it room service, restaurant or bar charges and spa services without having to provide the epicure number on each occasion. So you can try this to save some time at the final invoicing during checkout.
If you did write it ,please post the link

ALOAK

TF Ace

Yes you can use multiple vouchers and booking has to be made on standard rates if u r having a taj loyalty program.
Yes it is fine few on your card and few on your wife card
Taj vouchers are given for stay vouchers or you can use them on total billing
Any booking their will be gst vouchers can be used for on total billing.
I have used them on total billing say your total billing including gst is 35k and if u have 20k taj vouchers they will.minus it from total and bal you pay and if you have 40k voucher you can pay full but may not get partial 5k voucher has to bebused in full.however when you check in you have to mention them you would use taj vouchers to settle them.