• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This is an awareness post regarding SBI Credit Cards:

I have an SBI BPCL Fuel Credit card (Rupay Variant). In my last month's bill, I noticed that SBI has not credited additional Reward points for fuel transactions and the Reversal of Fuel Surcharges for my card. Even the other spends where I was entitled to get 5x RP or higher were not credited and I was just credited with 1x RP for my entire spending. Then I also happened to check with my friend who has the same card. Even for him SBI cards had not credited RPs and wavered off the Fuel Surcharges. Then I checked for older transactions and with complex calculations, I noticed that SBI is not crediting proper reward points and not reversing fuel surcharge for most of the transactions. Initially, I reached out to Customer care and received a poor response and I escalated the issue until I got a resolution. After escalating to the highest level and looping in RBI, they casually stated that this might be due to a system error and that they had notified the corresponding team & finally, they manually added the reward points for 3-4 months' worth of transactions and reversed the surcharges.
Next month, I noticed that the reward points and fuel surcharges were reflecting correctly, however, for my friend, the numbers did not tally up. Now I believe that this issue is a big scam by SBI across credit card holders (at least to that of the SBI BPCL Rupay card). To all those who are reading this post and have an SBI card, please check your Reward points and fuel surcharge waivers, and if you see a discrepancy raise it with SBI Customer Care. Also, SBI plays smartly by just mentioning the overall accrued RPs for the statement month and not giving the split for each transaction. This makes it hard for consumers to validate the Reward points and they exploit that loophole to their advantage.

So for a couple of months, just use the Card for BPCL fuel transactions and calculate the proportionate fuel surcharge waiver and reward points. Then based on that info catch SBI by the neck and escalate to the highest level. Only then will they start crediting the RP and Surcharge waivers correctly.

Akash.nagori

TF Select
I added money in the smart drive wallet using the bpcl rupay card via razorpay portal. I got 13x reward point as well. But now i don't know how to use that balance. Every bpcl petrol pump i go to and ask if they have bpcl app ka QR code, all of them say no. I didn't even find any YouTube videos either.
Did you try to scan with normal QR code with hello app for payment?

Akash.nagori

TF Select
I have a off topic query actually I made one online transaction from my credit card using upi id on 20th feb but after 15-20 minutes bcoz I found that product cheaper on another website so I cancelled that order on the same day but I haven’t received the refund yet as far I remember rbi issued some new guidelines for refunds also that we should receive the refund in some specific time if it don’t happen we can complain about this to them can anyone help me more on this ? or can someone provide me the circular link of the same from the rbi ?

sahilg0804

TF Buzz
I have a off topic query actually I made one online transaction from my credit card using upi id on 20th feb but after 15-20 minutes bcoz I found that product cheaper on another website so I cancelled that order on the same day but I haven’t received the refund yet as far I remember rbi issued some new guidelines for refunds also that we should receive the refund in some specific time if it don’t happen we can complain about this to them can anyone help me more on this ? or can someone provide me the circular link of the same from the rbi ?
It would atleast be 14 days.

pra1968

TF Select
I added money in the smart drive wallet using the bpcl rupay card via razorpay portal. I got 13x reward point as well. But now i don't know how to use that balance. Every bpcl petrol pump i go to and ask if they have bpcl app ka QR code, all of them say no. I didn't even find any YouTube videos either.
BPCL app not work on QR code.
Some limited pumps have facilities for this app.
It works through OTP route.
So first asked at pump,did they have OTP or point redeem system?
If answer is yes,only then this app works