Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information and offers. Last Updated 5th Dec 2023.
HSBC has recently revamped their Cashback Credit card and I would say it has been revalued as an exception in this season of brutal devaluations. Since earning points for travel is again becoming difficult many people are shifting to cashback credit cards to bump up their valueback.
Here’s a quick review of this great credit card from HSBC Bank!
Charges and Welcome Benefits
|₹999 + GST
|Amazon voucher worth ₹1000 on spending ₹10000 within the first 30 days
|₹999 + GST
|Annual Fee Waiver
|Spend ₹2L on your card in a year for an annual fee waiver*.
The welcome voucher compensates the joining fee but there will be no annual benefits for paying the annual fees.
|All dining, food delivery and grocery spends
|All Other Spends*
- *Cashback cannot be earned on transactions made on Fuel, e-wallets, rental payments, Business to Business transactions, education and government payments, Insurance, Jewelry and antique items, Gambling, Tolls and Bridge Fees, Financial and Non-Financial Institutions, Security Broker Services, Collection Agencies, Charity, Money Transfers and Wholesale Clubs.
- Your cashback will be credited within 45 days after the statement generation date
- No cash-back redemption fee is applicable
Airport Lounge Access
Domestic Airport Lounge Access
Complimentary Limit – 4 Visits/ Calendar year (1 per quarter) within India only for primary cardholders.
Access Via – Credit Card
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
No fuel surcharge waiver is applicable on this card.
Forex markup charges are applicable of 3.5%+GST.
- You must be aged between 18 to 65
- Your annual income must be at least INR400,000 per annum (for salaried individuals)
- You must be an Indian resident
- You must reside in any of the following cities: Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, Noida, Pune
HSBC Bank is currently only offering their credit cards to salaried individuals that too very strictly. If you are a self-employed individual then you may try your luck by opening a premium bank account against a huge NRV.
A simple no-nonsense cashback card from HSBC Bank which caters to both Groceries and Dining that too at a flat 10% rate which I would say is unheard of before. Earlier Kotak was offering such cashback on their Essentia and Delight credit cards with some conditions and now have been discontinued.
Apply Now For HSBC Cashback Credit Card
If you are looking for a great multi-utility card for all your grocery and dining spending then this card should be there in your wallet! Not to worry about the fees since in festive time reaching that upper cap on 10% cashback even for just one time will make your card free virtually for the year. This card is in direct competition with the HDFC Swiggy card now.
Are you planning to get this card? Tell us in the comments below about your experience.
Chief Editor, TechnoFino.
Personal finance nerd! Physics enthusiast and trainer. When not into Physics, he is minting points and hunting for the next best credit card for himself.