• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Wrong card Limit in CIBIL

Krish

TF Select
My cibil score from 762 to 714 within one month. What can be the reason? I have made all the payments on time. The ICICI card is on FD , limit is 18,000 , previous month due was 695 , why it’s taking as max limit.
And hdfc card limit is 50,000 (new card, issued on 24 May 2022)

Attachments

• 508AC2E8-8CD1-4E17-9B69-4CA028354F5F.jpeg
    508AC2E8-8CD1-4E17-9B69-4CA028354F5F.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 55

TF Ace
TF Family
My cibil score from 762 to 714 within one month. What can be the reason? I have made all the payments on time. The ICICI card is on FD , limit is 18,000 , previous month due was 695 , why it’s taking as max limit.
HDFC shares the Max Utilized amount only (not the credit limit) to credit bureaus. To see the actual limit you need to spend the entire credit limit once (₹50K in your case), so that it shows the credit utilization accordingly.
I have no idea regarding ICICI FD based (secured) cards, maybe they also follow the same. For unsecured ICICI CCs though they update the actual credit limit (not the Max Utilized amount)!

Krish

TF Select
HDFC shares the Max Utilized amount only (not the credit limit) to credit bureaus. To see the actual limit you need to spend the entire credit limit once (₹50K in your case), so that it shows the credit utilization accordingly.
I have no idea regarding ICICI FD based (secured) cards, maybe they also follow the same. For unsecured ICICI CCs though they update the actual credit limit (not the Max Utilized amount)!
So if I use the full 50k limit for this month, won’t it again show as 100% credit utilisation and further decrease the credit score?

Krish

TF Select
Bill generation date is 21st , and I heard that HDFC reports only on 30/31 of month to CIBIL, so If I clear the dues on 21st , the limit that will be used from 21 to 30/31 will be shown?
Or will it be took from the last billed statement?
For the first time it will, afterward the utilization would be according to ₹50K. Hence, it will be less than 100% until and unless you spend ₹50K again.

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
If your credit Journey started less than 6 months it's quite common
Me also seen many fluctuations in my score.

TF Ace
TF Family
Bill generation date is 21st , and I heard that HDFC reports only on 30/31 of month to CIBIL, so If I clear the dues on 21st , the limit that will be used from 21 to 30/31 will be shown?
Or will it be took from the last billed statement?
The outstanding amount shown on 30/31st would be updated as the Max Utilized amount in next month's credit report. It won't take the last billed amount, so don't pay your bill until 30/31st.