• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Why are my credit scores from institutions other than CIBIL fluctuating so much?

Pankhuri

TF Ace
For most of this year, My cibil score is stuck. It goes up or down a point or two every 2-3 months but that's about it.

My Experian score started the year at 822, increased to 853 in Aug and decreased to 791 in Dec.

My CRIF was 748 in Aug, 742 in Oct and decreased to 665 in Dec.

My Equifax was 718 in Aug, remained same in Oct and is 763 in Dec.

This year I added 3 cards in april and then 1 in july, 1 in aug and 1 in Oct. Most of my credit enquiries were in April, since then I have only enquired about the cards which I have been awarded. In all of this my CIBIL has remained steady at 795 +/- 2 points. However all of the other credit scores are fluctuating. Haven't enquired about any loans.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
So, do you follow all the credit bureaus as well?
Do you have official subscriptions or some thru some free apps?
1. Experian - WhatsApp Chat SOS
2. CRIF - Moneycontrol Pro - Monthly
3. Equifax - Got my free report a few days back. Will look for other sources of equifax because they have upped their reporting game now.
4. CIBIL - I used ICICI till recently they rolled back that service, will look for alternatives.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Here are the scoring factors of all the other bureaus:

1. Experian

Screenshot_20231212-222622~2.png

2. Equifax

Screenshot_20231212-222655~2.png

3. CRIF

Screenshot_20231212-222525~2.png
thanks for these.

Experian - Increase could be explained as my no of credit accounts doubled in april and as a result no of payments doubled. I don't understand how 2 cards(counting aug and oct cards) could lead to 61 point decline.

Equifax - All 3 factors did increase b/w Aug and December, yet the score improved.

CRIF - My utilization ratio did increase, went from 1-2% to 20% at best(during oct sales) but apart from that I don't see why my score should drop 77 points b/w aug and december. It was still below 30%.

P B R G

TF Ace
Remains around 720 from the very beginning 😑 Contacted cred and they just wait for it to increase🫡
I don't think this alone is the reason. When I signed up last year my score was less than 700 and had only one FD card. My wife signed up at 300 CRIF score (due to many wrongly reported missed payments) and with just an Add-on card.