• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which card is giving best returns on flights?

hs23

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I just booked flights for my international trip and found it hard to get good deals on flights on aggregator sites (>10%) in spite of having many CC due to minimum booking amount req of 20k /15k for most CC. I need no minimum booking or min 10k.

Best deal I found:
1. 750 waiver on 5000 Rs flight via Cleartrip. Paid using SBI Vistara Prime for (~5% returns - CV+milestone)
2. GOAXIS (8%) on 12k Flight via Goibibo. Paid using Axis Atlas (4% returns)
3. Booked 1 ticket direct from airline international site. Paid using RBL World Safar (0 forex charges - 4.13% saved)

Please suggest me a card that gives a better reward on international flights for flights under 15K.

Cards I have:
One Card
Indus Aura Edge
ICICI Amazon
ICICI Coral HPCL
Axis Flipkart
Axis Atlas
SBI Vistara Prime
Niyo Global SBM
RBL World Safari

I am planning to close all of them soon except:
Axis Atlas
SBI Vistara Prime
RBL World Safari

I have applied for DCB, not sure yet I will get it.

Last edited:

hs23

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can apply for Magnus based on your salary. it's better than DCB.
and then upgrade to Magnus burgundy.

Or directly open a Burgundy savings account, put 30 lacs fixed deposits, wait 45 days and get Magnus Burgundy lifetime free
Magnus and Samsung needs 25L / 7L spends for fee waiver while DCB needs only 5L.

For those who cannot maintain continued Burgundy status with Axis, Magnus and Samsung CC dont have good value proposition compared to DCB.

tekina

TF Select
@hs23 Most websites have bank offers of some card or the other with 10% off upto 5000. Using DCB/Infinia, you can get 16.6% RPs using Smartbuy 5x on flight bookings. As others pointed out, Magnus Burgundy and Atlas are also pretty good. Also, if you into travel, why not get the best travel card, Amex Platinum? You can use my referral for bonus points and FYF, lower fee from 2nd year.

Just my 2 cents. You can choose to ignore the referral and apply yourself as well. If you need help booking a flight at a discount, DM me. I can help. I book flights on a daily basis for friends and family and am pretty well versed with offers across the internet. Like I'll be booking a friend's 5 international tickets in the next few days so having cards of all banks help get the best offers across all.

Personally, I hold cards of all major banks and that gives me the advantage of being able to use any bank offer on any website at any given point of time.
However, because of this, my spends are spread across many cards and it gets difficult for me to hit spend waivers/milestones. Hence trying to get a DCB and Magnus Burgundy in the near future. With those, I could ignore all my other 24 credit cards and use those 2 for everything and anything.

drsel

TF Legend
Using DCB/Infinia, you can get 16.6% RPs using Smartbuy 5x on flight bookings. As others pointed out, Magnus Burgundy and Atlas are also pretty good.

Hence trying to get a DCB and Magnus Burgundy in the near future. With those, I could ignore all my other 24 credit cards and use those 2 for everything and anything.
If you have Magnus Burgundy, you don't need DCB nor Infinia for flight bookings.

Magnus Burgundy gives 24% return on all flight bookings on Traveledge with ZERO markup and ZERO convenience fee.
Much more than the perceived 16.66% return on Infinia or DCB, with convenience fee extra

Last edited:

tekina

TF Select
If you have Magnus Burgundy, you don't need DCB nor Infinia for flight bookings.

Magnus Burgundy gives 24% return on all flight bookings on Traveledge with ZERO markup and ZERO convenience fee.
Much more than the perceived 16.66% return on Infinia or DCB, with convenience fee extra
I will plan for Magnus Burgundy, I don't have it yet. Its a big investment to maintain 30L TRV.