• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which banks Provide Reducing Principal Can Loan

pradeepG

TF Premier
Reducing principal ? How this works ?
For knowledge purpose
fixed principal type of loan is where if you take loan of 1L for 5 years, every year interest is calculated on same 1L till 5th year end.
where as in reducing type of loan is every emi has a component of principal and interest and interest is charged on remaining amount of principal on every EMI.

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
fixed principal type of loan is where if you take loan of 1L for 5 years, every year interest is calculated on same 1L till 5th year end.
where as in reducing type of loan is every emi has a component of principal and interest and interest is charged on remaining amount of principal on every EMI.
So we can call it fixed rate of interest ?

• Hehe
Reactions: Rkr

pradeepG

TF Premier
So we can call it fixed rate of interest ?
rate of interest is another component and principal and interest parts on EMIs are differenet things of a loan.
fixed rate of interest = rate of interest is fixed irrespective of RBIs repo rate. ex:- 9.10%
floating rate of interest = rate of interest is RBI repo rate + x%. ex:- 8.5% + 0.5% (8.5% being RBI reporate)
would suggest a separate thread for this calculation thing :)

bsc0008

TF Select
Contributor
SBI autoloans are calculated on monthly reducing balance only. They calculate even daywise difference also. i.e. if your loan SI date is set as 5th, then they'll calculate interest until 5th based on existing principle & then from 6th to month end after subtracting the EMI amount. And then the interest is added to the principle by month end.

pradeepG

TF Premier
SBI autoloans are calculated on monthly reducing balance only. They calculate even daywise difference also. i.e. if your loan SI date is set as 5th, then they'll calculate interest until 5th based on existing principle & then from 6th to month end after subtracting the EMI amount. And then the interest is added to the principle by month end.
thanks. do they do it by default or we have to separately request them for this? as what i had a word with a sbi agent he said it is not on reducing principal...