• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What will happen on tapping mobile on credit card POS machine for payment when Google pay and Samsung pay both are enalbed for NFC based payment?

alokmahor

TF Buzz
I am using NFC based mobile for payment. I use Samsung pay app.
Now NFC payment is supported my many other apps. For example I have enabled Google pay and Samsung pay for NFC based payment then on tapping what will happen?

Will it result in two transaction one from each Google pay and other from Samsung pay?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I am using NFC based mobile for payment. I use Samsung pay app.
Now NFC payment is supported my many other apps. For example I have enabled Google pay and Samsung pay for NFC based payment then on tapping what will happen?

Will it result in two transaction one from each Google pay and other from Samsung pay?
How come you don’t know these, for Samsung pay you need to open the app and then try same for gpay, just cause you have enabled nfc on the card and the app doesn’t mean transaction will goes if the app is launched and unlocked placed on the pos machine and only one app will take initiate the transaction, how can both will work simultaneously?

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
In the phone's setting screen - you can turn on NFC all the time and set a default app.
If you use it in that manner, I guess whenever you place the phone near a pos, a dialogue will open up with the default app.
App wise or global level only one app can use the service at a time

alokmahor

TF Buzz
How come you don’t know these, for Samsung pay you need to open the app and then try same for gpay, just cause you have enabled nfc on the card and the app doesn’t mean transaction will goes if the app is launched and unlocked placed on the pos machine and only one app will take initiate the transaction, how can both will work simultaneously?
I was aware about that we need to open Samsung pay app for making payment. But for google pay opening app is not required. Thats why I posted such question. Now after reading your reply I saw we can set to make Google pay need to be to open for making transaction.

Thank you

Sreerag

TF Premier
If you tap from home screen or any other non payment app, the default app makes the transaction.

(Considering default apps for Samsung phones are Samsung Pay, and I'm a fanboy of SPay!)

If you tap while using GPay, GPay will make the Txn (GPay doesnt have a card engage screen)

Another example, if you are using CRED for tap and pay, you have to first engage Tap and Pay, by pressing your card. Then while tapping cred does the Txn.