• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What happens if there is a negative miles balance while closing an Axis Magnus or Atlas credit card account?

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi

This is regarding Axis Magnus and Atlas.

I want to know what happens in the case of having negative/minus miles balance (because of a refund done after having transferred points to a partner airline).

1.) Will the bank let me close my account just like that or would it demand some payment for the miles I have already transferred to partner programs and then let me close the account?

2.) and what happens if I don’t close the account, will they demand any payment or just keep waiting perpetually for me to earn those miles again?

@TechnoFino @anirban.choudhury @Subhankar @Copycat

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They'll kick you out from the plane before it reaches the destination airport.
Hi

This is regarding Axis Magnus and Atlas.

I want to know what happens in the case of having negative/minus miles balance (because of a refund done after having transferred points to a partner airline).

1.) Will the bank let me close my account just like that or would it demand some payment for the miles I have already transferred to partner programs and then let me close the account?

2.) and what happens if I don’t close the account, will they demand any payment or just keep waiting perpetually for me to earn those miles again?
Thanks in advance!

Hahaha 😂.
Good one but jokes apart does anybody have any info on this?

Thanks

drsel

TF Legend
Nothing will happen, you can call customer care to close both cards
Although I cannot understand why you want to close the two best cards in India.

Also kindly explain how you got negative miles. I don't think anybody else in India has got it.

Negative points from a merchant refund to your credit card is always possible, but negative miles I have never heard of.

Last edited:

Salvator

TF Buzz
I have a similar issue right now, the terms and conditions say they will charge you at 0.20 paise for negative points, is that true or can you still close the card if it has negative edge balance?