• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade To SC Ultimate Possible? & How?

Joker

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi Folks,

I wanted to get SC Ultimate card & following people's advice here did not apply for it as my first card. Got Smart card instead last month. The limit on Smart Card is >4Lakh, given my card is just one month old can I still ask for an upgrade to SC Ultimate? Which number to call and ask? Their Customer care IVR numbers are just giving 2 options, one for setting pin & another to get replacement card. Not able to reach any customer care executive to ask these questions.

Thanks

Gautham

TF Premier
Hi Folks,

I wanted to get SC Ultimate card & following people's advice here did not apply for it as my first card. Got Smart card instead last month. The limit on Smart Card is >4Lakh, given my card is just one month old can I still ask for an upgrade to SC Ultimate? Which number to call and ask? Their Customer care IVR numbers are just giving 2 options, one for setting pin & another to get replacement card. Not able to reach any customer care executive to ask these questions.

Thanks
just apply directly via website by selecting I am already holding sc card option.

AmitMishra

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi Folks,

Thanks
Just apply it online by selecting existing card user. It will verify your card details and deduct ₹1 from your smart card.

There is no cooling period in SCB, you can apply it in same month.

1671165017822.png

1671165053699.png

1671165097273.png

Last edited:

SangEUD

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Folks,

Thanks
What Amit Mishra has said is perfectly right.

Apply via Re 1 authentication with already holding SC card option. As limit is more than 4 Lacs, you should be upgraded to Ultimate easily.

Upgrade in SC means you will be holding existing card too. You can separately close your SC Smart card afterwards, if not required. And limit will be on shared basis.

raghumahajan

TF Premier
What Amit Mishra has said is perfectly right.

Apply via Re 1 authentication with already holding SC card option. As limit is more than 4 Lacs, you should be upgraded to Ultimate easily.

Upgrade in SC means you will be holding existing card too. You can separately close your SC Smart card afterwards, if not required. And limit will be on shared basis.
So you mean, On upgrading, the old smart card will not close. But when I got my limit enhanced, the customer care team called and didn't mention anything about this.
Also, can I transfer my cashback points from my smart card to the ultimate card if possible?