• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unnecessary Delay in Video KYC for CITI Credit Card experience

prc1990

TF Ace
I applied for a CITI Credit Card in the last month end and my current application is in 'Document Collection Pending' state for the last 3 weeks. Nobody from the bank contacted me yet to collect the required documents in person, neither I received any link to complete the video kyc.

I reached out to the support and raised SR more than thrice. Even I escalated the case to the head of the customer helpdesk and nodal officer, however no sign of any resolution yet.

Anyone having the similar experiences recently?

prc1990

TF Ace
My card got approved today.

So after so many follow ups and escalation, my in person KYC finally took place after one month (post application) and the bank representative told he was sent to Kolkata from Delhi just to address some of the escalated (and pending) applications including mine. He also told that he was informed about the fact that I escalated this matter even on social media and that's why it was taken up seriously although I never posted this on so called social media.

On another note, he told he was currently staying in ITC Royal (obviously the expenses were borne by the bank) and commuting from there during his visit to Kolkata 🤩.

prc1990

TF Ace
I don't think you can. In general they don't offer LTF, However there are some exceptions. My card is free because I used to have banking relationship with them.
Thanks for responding! Yes, I don't have any savings/salary account with them but received the rewards card recently. Is there any way to convert it to LTF?

BTW, which card do you have?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

So after so many follow ups and escalation, my in person KYC finally took place after one month (post application) and the bank representative told he was sent to Kolkata from Delhi just to address some of the escalated (and pending) applications including mine. He also told that he was informed about the fact that I escalated this matter even on social media and that's why it was taken up seriously although I never posted this on so called social media.

On another note, he told he was currently staying in ITC Royal (obviously the expenses were borne by the bank) and commuting from there during his visit to Kolkata 🤩.
Wow, so they didn't had any local guy😂.

krishc

TF Ace

absolute royal banking service from Citi, amazing.

krishc

TF Ace
this is happening with me this month, I've raised the matter with Citi PNO. Let's see what happens.
Can anyone share the Citi customer care no to raise SR ?

kejriwal

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I applied for a CITI Credit Card in the last month end and my current application is in 'Document Collection Pending' state for the last 3 weeks. Nobody from the bank contacted me yet to collect the required documents in person, neither I received any link to complete the video kyc.

I reached out to the support and raised SR more than thrice. Even I escalated the case to the head of the customer helpdesk and nodal officer, however no sign of any resolution yet.

Anyone having the similar experiences recently?
Where did you escalate?
If possible please provide the contact nos or the email ids.

Thanks

krishc

TF Ace
they sent their east zone head of kyc to collect kyc documents.
she said they'd all their cc data and servers in Singapore but now they're mandated by rbi to do everything in India and transfer all their data to India before they leave, that's why online kyc is getting stuck at places, and they're having to do it offline in case someone escalates.
they're not at all used to doing it offline and she was fumbling literally.