• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Trip to Thailand - Commuting

SuperKnight

TF Select
VIP Lounge
We are 4 Adults and 2 kids (1 is actually infant) traveling to Bangkok and Pattaya in May. Need some expert guidance on how to commute for sightseeing and local.

1. Cabs are perhaps taking only 3 PAX in a car, so is there a UBER XL kind of thing? Normally in India, we can accommodate 4 adults in a cab with kids on laps
2. The trip to Ayutthaya from Bangkok via Klook for 6 of us is charging 30K for a round trip, I think if I get a cab we can go and come back within 10k considering it is just 1 hr distance.
3. Local sightseeing and shopping malls in Bangkok are accessible via MRT and BTS, however, would it be cheaper or costlier considering 6 of us?
4. Do cabs or Grab/Bolt accept DCB or Magnus, how is the card acceptability in general?

navdeep22

TF Buzz
We are 4 Adults and 2 kids (1 is actually infant) traveling to Bangkok and Pattaya in May. Need some expert guidance on how to commute for sightseeing and local.

1. Cabs are perhaps taking only 3 PAX in a car, so is there a UBER XL kind of thing? Normally in India, we can accommodate 4 adults in a cab with kids on laps
2. The trip to Ayutthaya from Bangkok via Klook for 6 of us is charging 30K for a round trip, I think if I get a cab we can go and come back within 10k considering it is just 1 hr distance.
3. Local sightseeing and shopping malls in Bangkok are accessible via MRT and BTS, however, would it be cheaper or costlier considering 6 of us?
4. Do cabs or Grab/Bolt accept DCB or Magnus, how is the card acceptability in general?
You can do grab with different options or PAX for intracity and also there will be traffic in Bangkok so can use metro.
Yes you can find local cab there
I used visa card on grab it worked fine. Not sure about dinners acceptability.
I would highly recommend getting scapia, as it charges 0% on currency markup