• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Travelling with Insulin

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Approx 8 hours + 4 hours of travelling time to the Airport
Nothing will happen if you don't pack it in your checked luggage. Instead, keep it in your purse or carry-on cabin luggage. Also, remember to take it out of the fridge before leaving your house. Assuming you will be traveling in an air-conditioned car and the airport will be fully air-conditioned, there should be no issues. Just be sure to keep it away from direct sunlight. I'm sure you are already aware of this, especially for a long flight.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Approx 8 hours + 4 hours of travelling time to the Airport
From what I have heard (my grandad takes it), the he takes is kept in fridge only for storing, when the vial is opened (and inserted in pen), it is to be kept at room temp (in dark place like in a pouch) and should be used within 28 days of opening.

You can use cool packs for keeping lower temps (but not sure if security would allow that packaging in handbag)

EDIT: Please keep prescription along with it (digital/physical) and better if all the items are sealed (un-opened)... you never know when you might get stopped for it

Last edited:

bulldozer

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have carried it with both ice bags and the cool gel packs with my hand luggage and also checkin. Absolutely no problem. Once I carried a larger bag with ice gels and many cartridges. They just asked what it was and did not have any issues once I told them it was insulin. Did not even ask me to open and show

kafeel

TF Buzz
Nothing will happen if you don't pack it in your checked luggage. Instead, keep it in your purse or carry-on cabin luggage. Also, remember to take it out of the fridge before leaving your house. Assuming you will be traveling in an air-conditioned car and the airport will be fully air-conditioned, there should be no issues. Just be sure to keep it away from direct sunlight. I'm sure you are already aware of this, especially for a long flight.
Agree with this.. If you're mostly traveling in Temperature-controlled environments then you don't have to worry about anything

Last edited: