• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

The journey of 10+ rejections from Axis to getting Magnus and Atlas cards preapproved

I got my first credit card about 8 months ago, the Niyo global secured card with a 5k FD. Since then, I've been looking to grow my card collection, a rather too impatiently. The first couple of months, I would apply multiple times (around 10 times in 3 months) to Axis and all the times I got the same rejection message due to "internal policies". In September '23, I saw the ad to apply for Airtel Axis card, and naturally I applied.
After one week of the verification guys delaying, and back and forth verification was done, and the digital card was ready. However it had a paltry limit of Rs. 35,000. I immediately wrote to customer care to increase the limit but was told I needed to wait for 3 months before raising a credit limit increase request. I set a reminder exactly 3 months from that date, and wrote back to them in December, and shared my 2-months of payslips over email. In 5 days or so, I was able to see the limit increased to Rs. 2,00,000. A happy outcome, and it gets better.

Last week, when I checked on the Axis net banking portal it showed me most of the premium cards as pre approved - Axis Magnus, Atlas, Vistara Infinite, Samsung Infinite...This genuinely made me happy considering that I was getting rejected even from their basic cards like MyZone only a few months ago.

It sent me into a 2 hour thinking loop on which card to get from these. After much deliberation I decided against Magnus as it did not make much sense without burgundy. I'm pretty happy with HDFC and IDFC combo to move either of it to Axis. So I finally went ahead and chose the Atlas. The process of choosing the card was super smooth, I just had to confirm my delivery address on the portal. The digital card showed up on the app the next day and the physical card was delivered on the 4th day.

My trust in Axis has increased a little considering this recent experience and of course, the new Axis app refresh makes life a bit more smooth. Atlas is now my primary card and daily driver.

Here's hoping Axis doesn't devalue Atlas! 🥂

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
Let atlas remain the same and don't disappoint OP axis.
Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

Last edited:

bing1309

TF Premier
You have given monthly salary slip which has auto record in system and for 2l cc limit there are certain cards as pre approved it's an automated process but not LTF. Before rejection times also if you had done offline applying a card with proper documentation upload no such issues you would have got.

You have given monthly salary slip which has auto record in system and for 2l cc limit there are certain cards as pre approved it's an automated process but not LTF. Before rejection times also if you had done offline applying a card with proper documentation upload no such issues you would have got.
Yes, of course its not LTF. However you get roughly 2-3x the value of joining fee, which is more than sufficient. I went to my local branch to apply offline, they started canvasing me to first open a priority or burgundy account and then apply lol.