• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

The card limit is 5.5 Lacs but the actual limit allowed to do transactions is only 90K

db24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My IndusInd card limit is 5.5Lacs, but when I try to do more than 90K transactions, transactions always declined even though there was no single Rs1 outstanding on the card.

When I do a below 90K transaction then the transaction goes through but when I received an SMS of the transaction completed the SMS available limit is showing 90000 minus the transaction amount, for example, if the completed transaction amount is 50000 then the available limits in SMS is showing 40000.

Already talked with IndusInd customer support, and wrote many emails to all levels but these poor guys are clueless and they don't know how this is happening. at the same time, they are saying if the limit is 5.5 lacs then I should be able to use it, even though they are confirming my limit is 5.5 lacs including the credit card statement.

Another observation about IndusInd customer support is the pathetic support and these people don't know if they are mentioning in emails if they will provide a workaround in 1 or 2 or 3 days. After the automatic reply email, they forgot to even reply and they close the tickets without any solution.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My IndusInd card limit is 5.5Lacs, but when I try to do more than 90K transactions, transactions always declined even though there was no single Rs1 outstanding on the card.

When I do a below 90K transaction then the transaction goes through but when I received an SMS of the transaction completed the SMS available limit is showing 90000 minus the transaction amount, for example, if the completed transaction amount is 50000 then the available limits in SMS is showing 40000.

Already talked with IndusInd customer support, and wrote many emails to all levels but these poor guys are clueless and they don't know how this is happening. at the same time, they are saying if the limit is 5.5 lacs then I should be able to use it, even though they are confirming my limit is 5.5 lacs including the credit card statement.

Another observation about IndusInd customer support is the pathetic support and these people don't know if they are mentioning in emails if they will provide a workaround in 1 or 2 or 3 days. After the automatic reply email, they forgot to even reply and they close the tickets without any solution.
Indusind customer support is shit

db24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I know this sounds stupid and basic, but have you checked your "card controls" section and the "set limits" over there?
Yes , without any control limit set, it is happening. Even customer care person double checked this and he was also saying this is strange issue.

Saul Goodman

TF Select
Yes , without any control limit set, it is happening. Even customer care person double checked this and he was also saying this is strange issue.
Ok. For me all the set limits are at their default of 0. Can you move the slider all the way up to your maximum limit of 5.5 lakhs, save it and then try? Maybe it's worth a shot.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge

Understand ur pain
Just a try block it under lost card and get new it may allow swipe for full limit

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
I'm not sure, but it appears that your card has a limit restriction. Normally, I had a 30% limit restriction imposed by onecard at the beginning of the year, and any transaction above 30% was rejected, but the limit was removed within two months, and I was able to spend 100% of the limit.

db24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm not sure, but it appears that your card has a limit restriction. Normally, I had a 30% limit restriction imposed by onecard at the beginning of the year, and any transaction above 30% was rejected, but the limit was removed within two months, and I was able to spend 100% of the limit.
Yes, but these rascals should be able to communicate the facts to customer if such things are already imposed on card accounts. They are clueless, they only trained to sell something to customer .