• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Taxes on Indian investments for NRI

Hi everyone,

My relatives stay in Canada and have a good income. But they are not financially aware to what to do with the disposable income other than keeping in the bank account. So, I am planning to get them an NRE/NRO account in an Indian bank to help them investing. But I have few doubts which i need experts/experienced persons help.

What could be the applicable taxes they have to pay on following investments?

1. Rental income
2. Income from direct stocks/MF/gold bonds
3. Income from interests

Also, I appreciate if anyone can suggest other investment options.

Thanks in advance

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

My relatives stay in Canada and have a good income. But they are not financially aware to what to do with the disposable income other than keeping in the bank account. So, I am planning to get them an NRE/NRO account in an Indian bank to help them investing. But I have few doubts which i need experts/experienced persons help.

What could be the applicable taxes they have to pay on following investments?

1. Rental income
2. Income from direct stocks/MF/gold bonds
3. Income from interests

Also, I appreciate if anyone can suggest other investment options.

Thanks in advance
Since it is going to be a long term financial activity that too involved with foreign source of income, Profesional Tax Consultant Service is the need of the hour for you. Not a public forum like this, where no responsibility lies with the advisor..
Best wishes

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
About the Bank, you can consider ICICI Bank as one of your NRE banking partners .. It is better to choose a bank where they have a foreign branch in Canada