• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tata Neu Infinity Card undergoes a slight devaluation for UPI transactions, but simplifies rewards tracking.

scn

TF Premier
HDFC Tata Neu quietly adjusts the criteria for earning Neu Coins. I noticed the change when Neu Coins began appearing within the billing cycle for UPI transactions instead of calendar month

As per latest

Tata Neu Infinity Card Minor Devaluation on UPI spends but ease spend calculations
W.E.F 02-May-2024 for Grocery / UPI / Insurance Related transactions settled from 1-May-24 -

For eligible Grocery / UPI / Insurance transactions, NeuCoins will be posted within 2 days of settlement of the transaction, for example the points for transaction settled on 1st Jul will be posted by 3 rd Jul and will be available for redemption by 8 th Aug)

Previously, cumulative spending on transactions totaling certain amounts (like 10, 20, 30) would earn you 1.5% on the total amount. However, due to these recent changes, you now need to spend at least Rs 34 to earn at least 1 Neu Coin due to neu coin earning based on each transaction settlement.

For instance, if you've made four transactions in the past four days and had 100 Neu Coins in accrual six days earlier:
  1. Rs.1800 UPI transactions earn 27 Neu Coins, bringing the accrual to 127.
  2. Rs.30 transaction doesn't affect the accrual, as cumulative spending no longer applies (here mark a silent minor devaluation but impacts much to me, due to many transactions are 20,30)
  3. Rs.120 transaction adds 2 more Neu Coins, making the accrual 129.
  4. Rs.50 transaction adds 1 Neu Coin, resulting in an accrual of 130.
  5. .... and so on.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
HDFC Tata Neu quietly adjusts the criteria for earning Neu Coins. I noticed the change when Neu Coins began appearing within the billing cycle for UPI transactions instead of calendar month

As per latest

Previously, cumulative spending on transactions totaling certain amounts (like 10, 20, 30) would earn you 1.5% on the total amount. However, due to these recent changes, you now need to spend at least Rs 34 to earn at least 1 Neu Coin.

For instance, if you've made four transactions in the past four days and had 100 Neu Coins in accrual six days earlier:
  2. Rs.30 transaction doesn't affect the accrual, as cumulative spending no longer applies (here mark a silent minor devaluation but impacts much to me, due to many transactions are 20,30)
  5. .... and so on.
Thanks for the update

suhasa010

TF Premier
Do you mean that, neucoins are no longer pooled and posted to your Tata Neu account within 7 days after statement generation but will be posted just after 2 days after the transaction?

scn

TF Premier
Do you mean that, neucoins are no longer pooled and posted to your Tata Neu account within 7 days after statement generation but will be posted just after 2 days after the transaction?
no, I said about the accural part not the posted and this change is for upi transaction, rest everything is same as before,
after 2 days neu coins accural increases during the current billing (accural is seen on login on rewards section of myhdfc.card) it simplifies the calculation for upi transaction.

It will posted on statement generation on your neu account as before

In other words
Earlier,

If your billing date is lets say 20th of May,
Neu coins calculation on upi transaction from 1st April - 30April, and it will be availlable on bill statement of 20th (obviously within next 7 days)

1st May- 19th May transaction will posted on next bill i.e 20th June, but you have transacted in the current bill, so unable to track and calculate rewards easily

Now
All the upi transaction done within your billing cycle, neu coins will be availabe as soon as bill is generated eg: 20May

For upi transaction done on 17h April - 18th May (2 days gap to credit neu coins) will be available as soon as bill is generated
You will see accural of rewards in mycards.hdfcbank.com after 2 days each and every upi transaction and you can easily find which upi transaction provide how much reward points and which do not provide anything

scn

TF Premier
Didn't receive any such e-mail
yes, i didn't get this but find the pdf updated, refer attachment, also noticing same on rewards accural
As soon I transact, accural will increase for this transaction after 2 days
example: I transact 50Rs. with upi, so my accural will increase by 1 neu coins (50*1.5) =0.75 = nearing to 1 neu coins (lets say earlier 100, now becomes 101)
As soon as my bill will generate, this will be posted on neu account. (i.e 101)

pinki

TF Ace
no, I said about the accural part not the posted and this change is for upi transaction, rest everything is same as before,
after 2 days neu coins accural increases during the current billing (accural is seen on login on rewards section of myhdfc.card) it simplifies the calculation for upi transaction.

It will posted on statement generation on your neu account as before

In other words
Earlier,

If your billing date is lets say 20th of May,
Neu coins calculation on upi transaction from 1st April - 30April, and it will be availlable on bill statement of 20th (obviously within next 7 days)

1st May- 19th May transaction will posted on next bill i.e 20th June, but you have transacted in the current bill, so unable to track and calculate rewards easily

Now
All the upi transaction done within your billing cycle, neu coins will be availabe as soon as bill is generated eg: 20May

For upi transaction done on 17h April - 18th May (2 days gap to credit neu coins) will be available as soon as bill is generated
You will see accural of rewards in mycards.hdfcbank.com after 2 days each and every upi transaction and you can easily find which upi transaction provide how much reward points and which do not provide anything
Nice to know 🙂
Now its easier to track

Dharm

TF Premier

As per latest

Previously, cumulative spending on transactions totaling certain amounts (like 10, 20, 30) would earn you 1.5% on the total amount. However, due to these recent changes, you now need to spend at least Rs 34 to earn at least 1 Neu Coin due to neu coin earning based on each transaction settlement.

5. .... and so on.
If I am not wrong rs. 34 threshold was already there since beginning, adding one of the related post here

https://www.technofino.in/community...ds-for-smaller-transactions.15831/post-300256

TF Select
If I buy from TataCliq/1mg with my Neu Infinity card, I will get 5% Neu Coins.

If I buy from TataCliq/1mg (through Tata Neu App) with my Neu Infinity card, how much new coins will I get?

scn

TF Premier
If I am not wrong rs. 34 threshold was already there since beginning, adding one of the related post here

https://www.technofino.in/community...ds-for-smaller-transactions.15831/post-300256
it was cumulative until this change,

My 80% transaction amount is below 30Rs but always got a 1.5% of total upi spend
eg: total spend was 3000 and got flat 1.5% i.e 45 Rs in last bill, out of which only 700-800 amount is more than 34 Rs. transaction. If this should be case, i should get (800*1.5%) = 12 neu coins but it is not

For now onwards as they settle transaction after 2 day, it is min. 34 Rs. to get neu coins

scn

TF Premier
If I buy from TataCliq/1mg with my Neu Infinity card, I will get 5% Neu Coins.
Yes
If I buy from TataCliq/1mg (through Tata Neu App) with my Neu Infinity card, how much new coins will I get?
10%

Card : 5%
neu card infinity always gives you 5% on the transaction amount with these Tata Partners (either directly or through Tata Neu), just make sure proper merchant name should be there like tatacliq/tata payment and not like paytm/payu on the otp page and otp sms

App: 5%
Plus point for Tata Neu App is it gives you extra 5% if you visit these 5% category apps using Neu App. No matter what card you use there, 5% neu coins you will get directly from using app.

Total
App + Card = 10%

I actually combine Neu app (5% neu coins ) with sbi cashback (5% real cashback) instead of tata infinity for these type of transactions