• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Taj Coromandel, Chennai - Hotel Review

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
59.jpg

Hotel: Taj Coromandel, Chennai
No. of Nights: 2
No. of Guests: 1

Overall Experience:

Landed in Chennai at around 8:15 PM. Was able to reach the hotel by 9:15 PM because of less traffic. Check-in process was smooth. I was exhausted after a nearly 3 hour flight and lots of other travel that day. The hotel staff were helpful and check-in formalities were completed in a breeze. Situated in Nungambakkam, it provided convenient access to many popular attractions, shopping areas, and public transport was easy to get.

Other than that the hotel had a small gym as well as a nice pool which unfortunately was closed at that time due to some cleaning and maintenance work going on.

65.jpg

The Room:

64.jpg

67.jpg

Had booked a premium room (one of the basic rooms). My room was on the 6th floor with a pool facing view. The room size wasn't that big but was spacious enough. As is the case with Taj Hotels, a fruit basket and a welcome drink was offered upon arrival. The room also had a well-stocked minibar, in-room dining options, and a spacious work desk.

Food:

Had selected Modified American Plan (breakfast+either of lunch/dinner). For both meals, there were plethora of options. For breakfast, there were options for continental as well as North and South Indian food alongside a wide range of breads, salads, yoghurts and juices. Though, the main highlight was the dinner. There wasn't a single item in the buffet that wasn't upto the mark. Mutton and biryani were the best part. Taj Coromandel is one of my favourite Taj hotels when it comes to food. Then were the desserts, some 10-15 of them, consisted of cakes, pastries and Indian sweets. I was already full after dinner, so wasn't able to try everything but whatever I tried tasted were amazing.

63.jpg
61.jpg
62.jpg 66.jpg