• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

swiggy dineout non-acceptance issues, no support from cust care

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I am a swiggy one member
within 2 days, I have faced acceptance issues at 2 restaurants for dineout. I have lost around 1000 rupees in discount due to this.

the reason given by customer care is that:
1) it is at restaurants' discretion to let you apply dineout or not.
2) the name registered by the restaurant in their bill is different from the one that is mentioned on dineout page (there is only 1 restaurant by the name in that particular mall, so they are playing on technicality).

thankfully, my wife had Zomato gold so we could at least get some discount.

but I am appalled by the lack of interest by swiggy in this competitive market.

so PSA: If you are planning on going out dining just by seeing the discount, ensure that you have backup options like Zomato, easydiner memberships.
or safely, call up the restaurant beforehand to ask.
this had never happened with me before, but now I have learnt my lesson (it cost me 1000 bucks)!.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Last time when I visited, they asked me what will be your Payment Mode.

I told them Paytm.

They thought I will Pay via PAYTM UPI🤣

At the time of Billing , I paid the bill via Swiggy Dineout silently and asked them to check.

Their facial Reaction when they Checked their system for Payment Confirmation was Mind Blowing🤣.

I did this many times.

Last edited:

ltf4ever

TF Ace

I told them Paytm.

They though I will Pay via PAYTM UPI8l🤣

At the time of Billing , I paid the bill via Swiggy Dineout silently and asked them to check.

They facial Reaction when they Checked their systems for Payment Confirmation was Mind Blowing🤣.

I did this many times.
Bhai aap to risky Khiladi lagte ho.
if the manager denies receiving the payment, then you will have to pay twice, or get ready to deal with their bouncers right in front of your family/friends.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Bhai aap to risky Khiladi lagte ho.
if the manager denies receiving the payment, then you will have to pay twice, or get ready to deal with their bouncers right in front of your family/friends.
Luckily, Never Faced Such issues.

Do not let them know your next move.

I do this only beacuse I noticed difference in Hospitality when We tell them Payment Mode is Swiggy/Zomato/Paytm Deals/Eazydinner V/S Direct Payments.

navam

TF Premier
Interesting I am yet to run into any restaurant which asked me method of payment at the beginning. I just tell them the mop when I ask for the bill.

nirmalya

TF Select
There is either a general lack of awareness or lack of acceptance or both for most of small to medium restuarants. Sometimes they club their own offer to bill like Happy hours etc. but would not show that in the bill. When you ask why you are not accepting Eazydiner, Swiggy Dineout they will tell you that there is payment issue, we are no longer accepting payments etc. Even though they accept payeazy payment they do not apply Eazydiner discount in the bill and the dining experience is ruined because of this. You will have to contact support, restaurant managers. It is very poor to be honest. Things might be different for premium/big/prime restuarants. I escalated this to Swiggy Dineout that they are not accepting payments. They responded that resturant had applied happy hours discount so two offers cannot be clubbed (even though there is no discount mentioned in the bill). This is how they keep their restaurant listed in the app to gain customers yet not accepting the payment from Eazydiner/Swiggy Dineout etc. Seems like calling the restaurant directly is the way to go now and preferably choosing some prime/big restuarants to enjoy a hassle free dining experience with discount.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige

I told them Paytm.

They thought I will Pay via PAYTM UPI🤣

Their facial Reaction when they Checked their system for Payment Confirmation was Mind Blowing🤣.

I did this many times.
Paytm se yaad aaya maine kaafi restaurant ke better discount Paytm Deals me dekha. Restaurant walo ne pucha ki kse pay krenge. Maine keh dia Paytm deals se. Unko khud ni malum tha ki wo uspe hai. Risk leke payment krdia or unko b show hogya😂

Vishal N

TF Select
I am a swiggy one member
within 2 days, I have faced acceptance issues at 2 restaurants for dineout. I have lost around 1000 rupees in discount due to this.

the reason given by customer care is that:
1) it is at restaurants' discretion to let you apply dineout or not.
2) the name registered by the restaurant in their bill is different from the one that is mentioned on dineout page (there is only 1 restaurant by the name in that particular mall, so they are playing on technicality).

thankfully, my wife had Zomato gold so we could at least get some discount.

but I am appalled by the lack of interest by swiggy in this competitive market.

so PSA: If you are planning on going out dining just by seeing the discount, ensure that you have backup options like Zomato, easydiner memberships.
or safely, call up the restaurant beforehand to ask.
this had never happened with me before, but now I have learnt my lesson (it cost me 1000 bucks)!.
I complained to support about non acceptance when I was in the restaurant, they asked the bill. On uploading, they credited the discount amount as Swiggy money after checking if I paid through other means.