• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard Chartered Priority Savings Account.

drakesri

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi I have been offered Standard Chartered Priority Savings account for moving my salary account from HDFC.

The account offers Global priority status in 30 countries, dining and golfing offers among others.
It also offers Visa Infinite Credit card with no joining fees and renewal fees, basically LTF. Has anybody used this service is it anygood the Visa infinite is same as SC Ultimate card or different.

If different should I ask for SC Ultimate LTF?

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Hi I have been offered Standard Chartered Priority Savings account for moving my salary account from HDFC.

The account offers Global priority status in 30 countries, dining and golfing offers among others.
It also offers Visa Infinite Credit card with no joining fees and renewal fees, basically LTF. Has anybody used this service is it anygood the Visa infinite is same as SC Ultimate card or different.

If different should I ask for SC Ultimate LTF?
Actually it’s a 30l nrv account
Congratulations to you
Yes get that priority relationship based cc free under visa infinite later u apply ultimate easily with 1rupee verification
For this account u will get a dc too in visa infinite free
It’s a competition product for deutsche bank top variant account
FYI I hold premium banking with scb for 15l nrv

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Congratulations to you
Yes get that priority relationship based cc free under visa infinite later u apply ultimate easily with 1rupee verification
Is Visa Infinia from IDFC Wealth is not same as SC Visa Infinite?

AsB

TF Ace
Congratulations to you
Is your Manhatten, LTF as long as you are associated with SC with that TRV or just LTF without condition?

drakesri

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Congratulations to you
Thanks for the advise, I'll take that offer.

knowbie

TF Buzz
Not sure if you did go ahead with the offer but the DC and CC are not really worth it. Ultimate issue is largely not dependent on having the Priority CC. The account gives you dedicated section at the bank to handle banking.

The one advantage I have observed is the the priority desk gets some curated offers of international holidays at some very good prices they are currently running one during summer for holidays in Thailand.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Not sure if you did go ahead with the offer but the DC and CC are not really worth it. Ultimate issue is largely not dependent on having the Priority CC. The account gives you dedicated section at the bank to handle banking.

The one advantage I have observed is the the priority desk gets some curated offers of international holidays at some very good prices they are currently running one during summer for holidays in Thailand.
Is the holiday offer on forex card or hotel stay offers?

hariharan

TF Buzz
How good is the SC Priority account? Are there any benefits to it apart from the LTF Visa Infinite CC? I recently moved a big chunk of my investments to SC after the RM persuaded me.
So far, I haven't seen any benefits. They even rejected my request to make my Ultimate CC LTF. Will they be at least good at growing my mutual fund investments?

knowbie

TF Buzz
Have been on Priority for the past year and finally gave up. Since am on corporate banking, charges will not apply when you do not continue to comply with the MAB conditions.

Overall RM would call once a quarter to ask how things are and try to upsell MFs which you can opt for based on your preference but did not see any difference in their suggestions vs the RM suggestions by HDFC etc. I manage portfolio directly and anyway MFs you need to wait atleast 2+ years to see any change - that is their hook.

The Visa Infinite CC I did not take as had Ultimate already. You will not get Ultimate LTF don't try. It does not get issued AFAIK. The new rewards card is good compared to infinity CC but subject to what you are looking for. The IDFC FIRST Wealth CC is much better IMO.

I have now moved all assets to other banks who have better CCs and returns on FDs... Have already multiplied on returns/rewards in the past 3 months vs priority.

The funny part is for the whole year I used to get an offer to join priority while I was already part 🤣..... now that I am back to personal banking but they still send these priority banking bullitens !!!!

hariharan

TF Buzz
Have been on Priority for the past year and finally gave up. Since am on corporate banking, charges will not apply when you do not continue to comply with the MAB conditions.

Overall RM would call once a quarter to ask how things are and try to upsell MFs which you can opt for based on your preference but did not see any difference in their suggestions vs the RM suggestions by HDFC etc. I manage portfolio directly and anyway MFs you need to wait atleast 2+ years to see any change - that is their hook.

The Visa Infinite CC I did not take as had Ultimate already. You will not get Ultimate LTF don't try. It does not get issued AFAIK. The new rewards card is good compared to infinity CC but subject to what you are looking for. The IDFC FIRST Wealth CC is much better IMO.

I have now moved all assets to other banks who have better CCs and returns on FDs... Have already multiplied on returns/rewards in the past 3 months vs priority.

The funny part is for the whole year I used to get an offer to join priority while I was already part 🤣..... now that I am back to personal banking but they still send these priority banking bullitens !!!!
Thanks for the comprehensive reply. Looks like my decision to move MFs to SC was a mistake. Anyways, I can always change the broker code :)