• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard Chartered applied personal loan without taking any consent from me

kunal89

TF Premier
I own two SC credit cards and have been getting loads of pre approved personal loan request on mail, sms and call. I generally don't receive any sales call from any bank. One day I just saw one cibil enquiry punched on my profile. Whithin few minutes there was a thank you mail from SC along with personal loan application number. I was shocked since I never received any call where I've shared my consent to receive the loan. I immediately call them. CC was pretty useless for an international bank. They keep telling me that I'm eligible for a pre approved loan but couldn't prove that I've given them consent. I cut the call and written a full fledged email to cancel the loan immediately and remove cibil enquiry from my profile. Since then they are just increasing the resolution time from 2 days to 5 days to 7days.

My question to the community, how do you deal with this problem? What is the ultimate solution if I don't see anything from the bank? It has been 8 days till now. I'm worried about loan getting sanctioned for me for no reason

anirbanm

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I own two SC credit cards and have been getting loads of pre approved personal loan request on mail, sms and call. I generally don't receive any sales call from any bank. One day I just saw one cibil enquiry punched on my profile. Whithin few minutes there was a thank you mail from SC along with personal loan application number. I was shocked since I never received any call where I've shared my consent to receive the loan. I immediately call them. CC was pretty useless for an international bank. They keep telling me that I'm eligible for a pre approved loan but couldn't prove that I've given them consent. I cut the call and written a full fledged email to cancel the loan immediately and remove cibil enquiry from my profile. Since then they are just increasing the resolution time from 2 days to 5 days to 7days.

My question to the community, how do you deal with this problem? What is the ultimate solution if I don't see anything from the bank? It has been 8 days till now. I'm worried about loan getting sanctioned for me for no reason
Complaint in consumer forum

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It’s personal loan against credit card or regular personal loan ? There is 15 days cooling period for any type of loan you received , simply return the amount and place cancellation request in CC after loan sanctioned , one of the worst bank for customer service ! They will not cancel your application, we can wake up a person who sleeping really , but they pretending as sleep!

kunal89

TF Premier
It’s personal loan against credit card or regular personal loan ? There is 15 days cooling period for any type of loan you received , simply return the amount and place cancellation request in CC after loan sanctioned , one of the worst bank for customer service ! They will not cancel your application, we can wake up a person who sleeping really , but they pretending as sleep!
It is a loan against credit card. They can not issue any loan without my consent. Is that case RBI should be right place to complain. I'm waiting for their reply.

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It is a loan against credit card. They can not issue any loan without my consent. Is that case RBI should be right place to complain. I'm waiting for their reply.
You just check any account opened in the name of INSTABUY EXECUTIVE? as they applied discreetly and no loan account in your name till 8 days probably it was rejected, however they now screwed and delete the cibil inquiry, I suggest you first write a email to principal nodal officer and knock rbi ombudsman's door( mention the service request number)

Ms Jigna Chandarana – Principal Nodal Officer, Standard Chartered Bank, 19, Rajaji Salai, Chennai – 600001 or Email at: Principal.NodalOfficer@sc.com.The complaint will be responded within 5 working days.
Contact No: 080-42896718 / 080-28089025