• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Split Infinia limit to Infinia & DCB or not?

Eye of Ajay

TF Select
VIP Lounge
So I have a pre-approved split of my Infinia to Infinia & DCB but was lacking in the credit limit area because the cluster head said DCB has a floor limit of 5lac and Infinia has a floor limit of 8lac. Now that add's up to overall limit of 13lac which my Infinia lacked at that time but the split request was approved and I was told to wait till my limit is above 13lac which happened a few weeks back. I do use the Infinia less now a days as I lean more to the Axis Ace and Magnus mostly yet I cant close the card since it has very high amount EMI running.

Now the question is do I keep the high limit Infinia or do I split Infinia to Infinia & DCB?

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
So I have a pre-approved split of my Infinia to Infinia & DCB but was lacking in the credit limit area because the cluster head said DCB has a floor limit of 5lac and Infinia has a floor limit of 8lac. Now that add's up to overall limit of 13lac which my Infinia lacked at that time but the split request was approved and I was told to wait till my limit is above 13lac which happened a few weeks back. I do use the Infinia less now a days as I lean more to the Axis Ace and Magnus mostly yet I cant close the card since it has very high amount EMI running.

Now the question is do I keep the high limit Infinia or do I split Infinia to Infinia & DCB?
If you're going to take the advantages of DCB then why not? I'm not seeing any downside there. The only worrisome thing is that after splitting the limit, the chances of LE get decreased as observed by many

Parvesh Goyal

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

In my view u should not split and reap the benefits of Infinia. Instead u should take Magnus which gives 5% return as reward points. But Yes.. U should split if u r able to earn 15k bonus points through Smartbuy. If u r within the cap of 15k, u should not split.

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
but u would have to pay the fees for both the cards. unless u want it for increased capping on smartbuy and dcb milestone benefits if u have higher spends which i guess not since u are using axis more.
may i know what was your earlier limit before it became 13 L and in how much time it increased.

Eye of Ajay

TF Select
VIP Lounge
If you're going to take the advantages of DCB then why not? I'm not seeing any downside there. The only worrisome thing is that after splitting the limit, the chances of LE get decreased as observed by many

While that would be true but at least they can't reduce the limit below the floor limit since I have started using AXIS Ace & Magnus a whole lot more.

but u would have to pay the fees for both the cards. unless u want it for increased capping on smartbuy and dcb milestone benefits if u have higher spends which i guess not since u are using axis more.
may i know what was your earlier limit before it became 13 L and in how much time it increased.

It was around 11L then & took till 2022 to reach around 15L mark.

Eye of Ajay

TF Select
VIP Lounge
No idea what this means I have tried to ask them 3 times about it but apparently limit of near 15Lac on my Infinia is less for the split 😒

I can not understand what they mean because floor limit of DCB & Infinia are 5 & 8 Lac and total would be 13Lac. My unused limit is less than 13Lac but my overall limit is around 15Lac.

Someone let me know what HDFC is trying to say. BTW same lines were used initially as well when my overall limit was near to 10Lac for Infinia.

Screenshot_2022-06-27-17-22-24-153_com.google.android.gm.jpg

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No idea what this means I have tried to ask them 3 times about it but apparently limit of near 15Lac on my Infinia is less for the split 😒

I can not understand what they mean because floor limit of DCB & Infinia are 5 & 8 Lac and total would be 13Lac. My unused limit is less than 13Lac but my overall limit is around 15Lac.

Someone let me know what HDFC is trying to say. BTW same lines were used initially as well when my overall limit was near to 10Lac for Infinia.

Screenshot_2022-06-27-17-22-24-153_com.google.android.gm.jpg
i guess u should make ur unused limit more than 13 L or better clear all dues and try again