• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

So BOB cards i.e. bobfinancial is stricter than I thought

cardy

TF Ace
So I have BOB HPCL credit card. And last month it charged annual fees on my card account. Last month I forgot that it was due for annual fees and it was a few( likely 5 to 7k) thousand shorter than 50k for waiver.

Sbi is very easy on annual fees. But when I mailed bobcard , they straight forwardly pointed me to mitc and mitc paper with the card.

I further pushed but they are very rigid in this.
I am getting benifit so will not close this one. And I will definitely meet spend criteria since it is rupay card and I use it on UPI. But bobcard is strangely rigid with their terms and conditions it seems.

Have anyone faced this or anybody achieved fees reversal ?

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So I have BOB HPCL credit card. And last month it charged annual fees on my card account. Last month I forgot that it was due for annual fees and it was a few( likely 5 to 7k) thousand shorter than 50k for waiver.

Sbi is very easy on annual fees. But when I mailed bobcard , they straight forwardly pointed me to mitc and mitc paper with the card.

I further pushed but they are very rigid in this.
I am getting benifit so will not close this one. And I will definitely meet spend criteria since it is rupay card and I use it on UPI. But bobcard is strangely rigid with their terms and conditions it seems.

Have anyone faced this or anybody achieved fees reversal ?
Similar experience. I also felt BOB is too rigid on policies and TnC.

cardy

TF Ace
Any idea on Add on Card from Bob.. Is Bob strict on relationship check on giving it to a friend?
Ab ye to pata nahi hai ki bob is mamle me strict hai ki nahi. But financial mamle me friends ko addon card dena is very risky.

I know! And Yes I really appreciate your love for your friends and their love for you. But as I already said I know! Believe me it's harmful. With due respect to your friends. I know they are not like everyone and they will pay you on time. But if you love to have friends like yours don't involve them in financial matters.

It'll be a loose and loose deal. Either you will loose your friends or you will loose your money. In both the cases it's harmful for you.

Give them love and care also you can give money what you can in emergencies without any expectation for repayments if they repay excellent but if not don't keep grudge.

Have fun.

krish11

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ab ye to pata nahi hai ki bob is mamle me strict hai ki nahi. But financial mamle me friends ko addon card dena is very risky.

I know! And Yes I really appreciate your love for your friends and their love for you. But as I already said I know! Believe me it's harmful. With due respect to your friends. I know they are not like everyone and they will pay you on time. But if you love to have friends like yours don't involve them in financial matters.

It'll be a loose and loose deal. Either you will loose your friends or you will loose your money. In both the cases it's harmful for you.

Give them love and care also you can give money what you can in emergencies without any expectation for repayments if they repay excellent but if not don't keep grudge.

Have fun.
I agree with you statement to some extent though objectively, i believe giving add on card to siblings carry the same risk. Liability risk for other relations allowed by Bank is still understandable but siblings falls into the same grey area as much as friends.

cardy

TF Ace
I agree with you statement to some extent though objectively, i believe giving add on card to siblings carry the same risk. Liability risk for other relations allowed by Bank is still understandable but siblings falls into the same grey area as much as friends.
If siblings and friends means same to you then you are welcome brother. Love for you.

In that case you can take addon card on the name of any of your immediate family members and give it to anyone of your choice...

Have a great life ahead. You have to learn so much more from your experiences.

In my 30+ years of CC usage, I never gave add-on CCs to my siblings or their spouses. Neither, I stood as Guarantee for any of their dealings/loans. Even slight misunderstanding or delay or errors-in-judgements would impact me a lot. And, I value their relationship a lot and so much that I had insulated it from any such unwanted n undesired hiccups. I help them - when in need - with cash n forget about it. I never lost my cash like that.

Only my sons n wife got add-on cards or such Guarantees from me. Because, all of them are very methodical, sincere n meticulously plan all their financial dealings.

Friends - I always advice n help them. Never involve them in my/our financial dealings/ issues. It's difficult to get good friends and lose them due to such dealings.

krish11

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If siblings and friends means same to you then you are welcome brother. Love for you.

In that case you can take addon card on the name of any of your immediate family members and give it to anyone of your choice...

Have a great life ahead. You have to learn so much more from your experiences.

Taking the card in the name of immediate family member and giving to my friend would destroy the main objective of giving the card for lounge access to her. If it was related to financials, i myself have quite a large number of cards and would have easily given one card to her.

Also, i think i have my own fair share of experience with people and siblings and at the same time i totally understand and appreciate from where your statements are coming to this discussion.