• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Singapore airline booking

manas_rock

TF Select
I have Infinia, magnus and Vistara infinite card (vistara Gold status).
Planning for a Singapore, Bali trip using Singapore airlines.

How do I book the Singapore airline tickets- on Vistara website? or travel edge? Travel edge anyway doesn't have multi-city booking- so will have to book separate flights.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

How do I book the Singapore airline tickets- on Vistara website? or travel edge? Travel edge anyway doesn't have multi-city booking- so will have to book separate flights.
Vistara has very limited SQ flights showing on their system.

You can book flights however you want. Best way would be TravelEdge as you earn EdgeRewards from it (5x with Magnus) and also CV Points. But if you book directly you'll still get CV points.

Just make sure to add your CV ID number to the booking or at the airport once you're checking in. If you do it after the flights, which you can, it will usually work as long as the name matches on both SQ and Vistara, however if it doesn't it can be a pain in the ass to do. You'll have to keep some data at hand to fill the retro claim so don’t throw away your tickets.

Important disclaimer: look at the fare class you're booking. Usually the cheapest ones are not eligible for CV points accrual.

If you have Axis Vistara Infinite you'll be able to enter the SQ lounge in SIN which is a lot better than all the external ones, plus you'll get increased baggage, priority check-in/boarding, etc.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Vistara has very limited SQ flights showing on their system.

You can book flights however you want. Best way would be TravelEdge as you earn EdgeRewards from it (5x with Magnus) and also CV Points. But if you book directly you'll still get CV points.

Just make sure to add your CV ID number to the booking or at the airport once you're checking in. If you do it after the flights, which you can, it will usually work as long as the name matches on both SQ and Vistara, however if it doesn't it can be a pain in the ass to do. You'll have to keep some data at hand to fill the retro claim so don’t throw away your tickets.

Important disclaimer: look at the fare class you're booking. Usually the cheapest ones are not eligible for CV points accrual.

If you have Axis Vistara Infinite you'll be able to enter the SQ lounge in SIN which is a lot better than all the external ones, plus you'll get increased baggage, priority check-in/boarding, etc.

Can we earn CV points if flite is booked via third party sites like MMT via Retro claim?

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can we earn CV points if flite is booked via third party sites like MMT via Retro claim?
It doesn't even have to be retro claim. Once you book the flight you'll get the PNR and other booking details in whatever website you booked it and also via email.

With the PNR you can check in the SQ website in "Manage my reservation" and fill the remaining information including Frequent Flyer programs where you'd like to get the points which includes StarAlliance partners and others (Vistara).

You can also do so during the online check-in.

The thing here is some OTA screw up the name fields when booking the flights. Even airline websites do as well often so it might make a mismatch when it's on someone elses system, so you might need to open up a manual retro claim request either way.

For example I noticed on the boarding pass here in India a few things

Let's take Argentina president:

First Name: Alberto Ángel
Last Name: Fernández Pérez

On the boarding pass it shows up as:

First Name: Albertoa
Last Name: Fernandezperez

So the same kind of screw up happens depending on the OTA-Airline. And seems depending on the country, airline and even their system backend like Amadeus, Sabre, Galileo, etc. might have differences that make them mismatch every now and then.

Last edited:

Mr. Meseek

TF Buzz

Brother, keep collecting the edge rewards points. Get the Krissflyer app and you'll be given a air flyer number. Once you have it, link it in the edge travel via axis app. This will allow you to transfer edge points to kriss flyer miles. 150k edge points is about 120k miles. This will get you 1 way business class ticket to Tokyo. Economy is about 50k miles.

manas_rock

TF Select
Brother, keep collecting the edge rewards points. Get the Krissflyer app and you'll be given a air flyer number. Once you have it, link it in the edge travel via axis app. This will allow you to transfer edge points to kriss flyer miles. 150k edge points is about 120k miles. This will get you 1 way business class ticket to Tokyo. Economy is about 50k miles.
Ya, that’s ideal, but bonus miles will take a couple of months, but I need to book the ticket now for trip in June.
Got the card in FEB.