• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Shall I ask for NOC of Kotak Secured card?

SC_23

TF Premier
Closed my Kotak FD card surprisingly the process was smooth and quick. Verification guy was asking me to hold onto this card for atleast 6 months idk why.

Got fd amount credited back to my account so shall I ask for noc or some further proof of closure of card ?

Solution
Closed my Kotak FD card surprisingly the process was smooth and quick. Verification guy was asking me to hold onto this card for atleast 6 months idk why.

Got fd amount credited back to my account so shall I ask for noc or some further proof of closure of card ?
Yes
Always ask for noc whenever you close any financial instrument.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Yes
Always ask for noc whenever you close any financial instrument.

Solution

AllSeeker

TF Ace
NOC you take just in case bank screws you over by keeping the card active or by showing its still active in CIBIL even though its closed.

Meaning not reporting to CIBIL that its closed. In that case banks first response to problem is denial, and that's where NOC comes in as a protection.

SC_23

TF Premier
NOC you take just in case bank screws you over by keeping the card active or by showing its still active in CIBIL even though its closed.

Meaning not reporting to CIBIL that its closed. In that case banks first response to problem is denial, and that's where NOC comes in as a protection.

Got it initially I thought it's not so important in credit card case as compared to loans, checked kotak site they will send E-Noc to my registered email address after 3 days from loan closure will wait this week out to see if they are responsible enough to send it automatically.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Got it initially I thought it's not so important in credit card case as compared to loans, checked kotak site they will send E-Noc to my registered email address after 3 days from loan closure will wait this week out to see if they are responsible enough to send it automatically.
Yes, but if you had went to branch to close personally, you should at least get something as confirmation. Note for future, also personal experience, I had went to close a/c and FD cc in ICICI, they told me NOC would be sent on mail, so I said at least give me receipt of my request to close a/c and cc. If you ask, they have to give, make sure you have some kind of number on it to track request and date of your request and sign of person who took it, for any future problems. Had did same for axis when I downgraded my a/c.

SC_23

TF Premier
Yes, but if you had went to branch to close personally, you should at least get something as confirmation. Note for future, also personal experience, I had went to close a/c and FD cc in ICICI, they told me NOC would be sent on mail, so I said at least give me receipt of my request to close a/c and cc. If you ask, they have to give, make sure you have some kind of number on it to track request and date of your request and sign of person who took it, for any future problems. Had did same for axis when I downgraded my a/c.
I asked to close it through customer care got Service request number on mail and also received the closure of request mail today

Will still ask for NOC now if they don't send it in week time

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Raised level 1 complaint for request of NOC
1 week has passed and nothing other than complaint confirmation mail has been send to me :confused:
Any timeline mentioned in the request mail like we will get back to you in 48hrs or 2 working days.
If the limit has crossed
Raise lvl 2 complaint