• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI is not taking POS machine surrender Request ,what can be done ?

Kamal

TF Premier
TF Family
Sr Moderator
SBI offers a POS machine to my father when he was opening current account for his firm .

Now due to availability of UPI most of the people are using mobile rather than cards ,
Since it is not much profitable as much charge we are paying for it we want to surrender it .
So we raised a complaint to hitachi(SBI pos vendor) and they have registered a complaint and also suggest to submit a application to home branch for stopping charges.
I have submitted 2 application to sbi home branch and each time when i visit them and ask for updates they tell us write a new application .

It’s been 6 months charges are being deducted from account without any reason .
And after multiple complaint SBI is not taking any action.
Even i have dropped a mail to Nodal but it is being more than 7 days no reply from him.

Can any one suggest what can be done here?

Kamal

TF Premier
TF Family
Sr Moderator
Machine deactvation is not possible.
For monthly rent and gprs charges only bank is responsible and they can only stop, and SBI is worst bank in that mannar.
If they will not take any action or no solution will be provided ,
planning to close the current account.

AsB

TF Ace
Machine deactvation is not possible.
For monthly rent and gprs charges only bank is responsible and they can only stop, and SBI is worst bank in that mannar.
If they will not take any action or no solution will be provided ,
planning to close the current account.
You can take that machine to the bank, and ask to close it. Threaten that , if you don't, you will close your account.
Moreover, almost everyone I know, who uses SBI Card machines or Current Account, always face some kind of trouble. Better to go with BOB, or even PNB, but BOB is one of the best PSU banks

Kamal

TF Premier
TF Family
Sr Moderator
I am from rural area . Sbi is the only bank that is present here .
For other private and PSU bank we have to visit city.That’s why i am avoiding account closure from few months.

You can take that machine to the bank, and ask to close it. Threaten that , if you don't, you will close your account.
Moreover, almost everyone I know, who uses SBI Card machines or Current Account, always face some kind of trouble. Better to go with BOB, or even PNB, but BOB is one of the best PSU banks

I tried to give machine to bank but they are not taking it. They are telling that it will be picked up by vendor.

AsB

TF Ace
I am from rural area . Sbi is the only bank that is present here .
For other private and PSU bank we have to visit city.That’s why i am avoiding account closure from few months.

I tried to give machine to bank but they are not taking it. They are telling that it will be picked up by vendor.
Which is why they are playing with you. Btw , since you are in a rural area, I don't think many people would be using a card. Mostly they will use UPIs. Why keep a machine from the beginning?