• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI BPCL and Octane cards stopped giving rewards for fuel through bpcl app?

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
I have been using SBI BPCL card for almost an year and it was a hit and miss when it comes to fueling using the card directly at BPCL outlets. Most of the outlets are excluded and even the ones where we get points, whenever they add or change POS, points are not credited properly.
So I started using "Hello BPCL" app. We can load money to the app using credit card and pay at the pump from the app. This way points were smoothly credited, even though only very very few pumps accept payment through app.
But from mid of last month, I am getting points for loading money in "hello bpcl" app using sbi bpcl credit card. Instead of 13 points per 100, getting just 1 point. And When i raised the issue with SBI, they mentioned MCC for hello bpcl wallet loading is now being shown as 9399 and it seems to be the issue.
Anyone else facing this? anyone got a workaround?

D₹V

TF Prestige
I have been using SBI BPCL card for almost an year and it was a hit and miss when it comes to fueling using the card directly at BPCL outlets. Most of the outlets are excluded and even the ones where we get points, whenever they add or change POS, points are not credited properly.
So I started using "Hello BPCL" app. We can load money to the app using credit card and pay at the pump from the app. This way points were smoothly credited, even though only very very few pumps accept payment through app.
But from mid of last month, I am getting points for loading money in "hello bpcl" app using sbi bpcl credit card. Instead of 13 points per 100, getting just 1 point. And When i raised the issue with SBI, they mentioned MCC for hello bpcl wallet loading is now being shown as 9399 and it seems to be the issue.
Over maybe

Screenshot_20231005-141205.png

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Don't be surprised. Some times HP Pay also fetched 9399 MCC

All depends on OMC mood

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am thinking of loading Hello BPC app via either IDFC wealth or SC Ultimate. What kind of reward rate is expected here? Does it categories under wallet loading or Fuel or Govt services? Wallet loading charges of Hello BPCL are very low at 0.05% which is a surprise