• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Reward points not received for loading paytm wallet with Citi Credit Cards?

Sub

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Anybody else stopped receiving reward points for loading Paytm wallet? Spoke to Citi and they say Paytm changed the merchant category code to Utilities which doesn't get any points. Pretty sure this is a recent thing as I was receiving points till last month.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
None of my CCs are working, have been trying since a 2-3 months. Earlier it used to work. Maybe they blocked it for my account.
I might be wrong but still,
As I can see you have saved the cc details in Paytm, try deleting the details and enter the details manually on the payment page.

Sub

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Thank You for bringing this up as I also noticed that inspite of loading money through CITI cards, the points are not going up as anticipated.

I did some calculation and I can confirm I received the rewards for the month of March'22 but not for the month from Apr'22 onwards.

Can you please confirm if this matches with your observation?
Yep. I spoke to Citi, and they confirmed that Paytm changed the wallet MCC to Utility for which Citi doesn't give points. I asked Paytm customer care, and after three weeks, they still don't understand the query

prc1990

TF Ace
Yep. I spoke to Citi, and they confirmed that Paytm changed the wallet MCC to Utility for which Citi doesn't give points. I asked Paytm customer care, and after three weeks, they still don't understand the query
Paytm customer care can't do anything I believe but not sure is it even ethical to change this all on a sudden without onboarding any new line of business. Never heard this type of amendment earlier.

Also Paytm customer care is pretty useless as most of the time they don't even understand customer's question and concerns.

PavanKumar

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I noticed that rent payments have 1-1.6% charges. So a card like StanC Ultimate can be used for rent payments to a family member instead of wallet loads. I think as long as the rent amount is low, there won't be a question of IT reporting.

Also pay back the credit card using this method to get 1% cashback from HDFC debit cards:

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can also load money in paytm using Uber but yeah the total limit of 4K is applicable per month. You cannot add more than 4K for free using credit card via Uber , ZOMATO or anything else.