• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Review of Fi Money Debit Card? Credit Card vs Debit Card for international payments?

mukundstud

TF Premier
I have recently opened a new savings account in Fi Money, and received its debit card a few days back. I have tested it on Epic games, Namecheap(transacted through Paypal), Oracle Cloud and so far, its working fine. I am really liking its 0 Forex Markup clause. It is the very reason which made me open a savings account in a Neo Bank. I just wanted to hear the experiences of anyone in this forum who has used Fi Debit card in his/her international trips. Were there any incidences where Fi Debit card did not work but any another Credit/Debit/Prepaid/Forex card worked? It is OK if I do not try for a 0 Forex markup Credit Card, and just use this debit card for every international transactions/trips?

Last edited:

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
I have recently opened a new savings account in Fi Money, and received its debit card a few days back. I have tested it on Epic games, Namecheap, Oracle Cloud and so far, its working fine. I am really liking its 0 Forex Markup clause. It is the very reason which made me open a savings account in a Neo Bank. I just wanted to hear the experiences of anyone in this forum who has used Fi Debit card in his/her international trips. Were there any incidences where Fi Debit card did not work but any another Credit/Debit/Prepaid/Forex card worked? It is OK if I do not try for a 0 Forex markup Credit Card, and just use this debit card for every international transactions/trips?
Yep fi card works better smoothly on international transactions as well

mukundstud

TF Premier
fi and jupiter currently give 10% upto 100 off on any purchase on flipkart..... Using flipkart supercoins....
Good offer. But I actually use my Supercoins to avail various OTT subscriptions for Free/Low Price. Moreover, HDFC Millennia is giving me 10% value back on Flipkart and Amazon Purchases when ordering though Smartbuy. So I am not using my Fi card on Flipkart right now.

mukundstud

TF Premier
10%, how? 👀
I believe it should be 6% (5% Smartbuy and 1% from Millenia CC).
Even I thought this was the case as it is clearly written in TnC of HDFC Millennia that Smartbuy transactions will accrue only 1% cash points. But someone claimed in the TechnoFino community that he was getting 10% value back for SmartBuy transactions on Millennia Credit Card. So I made a transaction of Amazon through Smartbuy, and indeed, I got 10% value back. I got 5% cashback in my statement, within 3-4 days of doing that transaction. Later, I got 5% cash points in the month following the date of that transaction. I verified this by calculating the cash points that I should get on various transactions done in a month, and verifying it with the actual cash points accrued in the following month.

TF Ace
TF Family
W
Even I thought this was the case as it is clearly written in TnC of HDFC Millennia that Smartbuy transactions will accrue only 1% cash points. But someone claimed in the TechnoFino community that he was getting 10% value back for SmartBuy transactions on Millennia Credit Card. So I made a transaction of Amazon through Smartbuy, and indeed, I got 10% value back. I got 5% cashback in my statement, within 3-4 days of doing that transaction. Later, I got 5% cash points in the month following the date of that transaction. I verified this by calculating the cash points that I should get on various transactions done in a month, and verifying it with the actual cash points accrued in the following month.
Wow! 😳 That's great. I though otherwise!