• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Request For Startup] Comparing Credit Cards, Mathematically To The Rupee

skywatcher404

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You want to compare the plethora of credit cards and find the best one. Why make it a qualitative decision when it can be a quantitative one. So you come to this fancy new credit card comparison app. It asks you for details like how would be your monthly spends across online merchants, flight booking etc. It also asks you how much you value a domestic lounge visit (some may put a value of Rs 2000, I put a value of Rs 200 since I'm a frugal eater and don't care about the ambience as much). It can also ask how much you value hassle with customer care (some people seem to love it). Basically, it will take in a ton of inputs and based on that it will output the card that would be the most financially rewarding for you. It is an algorithmic decision after all. Programmatically, it's going to be easy (a beginner coder should be able to implement this) but complex (gotta cover a lot of edge cases). Make a business out of it, and charge Rs. 1000 for every search.

Last edited:
You want to compare the plethora of credit cards and find the best one. Why make it a qualitative decision when it can be a quantitative one. So you come to this fancy new credit card comparison app. It asks you for details like how would be your monthly spends across online merchants, flight booking etc. It also asks you how much you value a domestic lounge visit (some may put a value of Rs 2000, I put a value of Rs 200 since I'm a frugal eater and don't care about the ambience as much). It can also ask how much you value hassle with customer care (some people seem to love it). Basically, it will take in a ton of inputs and based on that it will output the card that would be the most financially rewarding for you. It is an algorithmic decision after all. Programmatically, it's going to be easy (a beginner coder should be able to implement this) but complex (gotta cover a lot of edge cases). Make a business out of it, and charge Rs. 1000 for every search.
In india no one gonna pay 1k rs for a credit card search.