• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding objectionable Ads on TechnoFino.

AnungUnRama

TF Select
While it is a welcome decision to place ads on this website for obvious reasons, I reckon it is equally important to keep tab on the types of ads that displays here. Case in point, I've attached one of the ads that was on display while I was scrolling through one of the discussion forums here in Technofino. Please look into this. Thank you. @TechnoFino @bhavyegoel

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-07-13-18-59-429_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-07-13-18-59-429_com.android.chrome.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 52

D₹V

TF Prestige
While it is a welcome decision to place ads on this website for obvious reasons, I reckon it is equally important to keep tab on the types of ads that displays here. Case in point, I've attached one of the ads that was on display while I was scrolling through one of the discussion forums here in Technofino. Please look into this. Thank you. @TechnoFino @bhavyegoel
Bhaiya ye to aapka personal matter hai🤣🤣🤣. Mujhe to nahi aate aise ad. Admins can't control what ad is being displayed.

Better you diversify your ad activity 😉, maybe your device is new or try resetting Google advertising id in settings.

1694411730924.png

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hello,
Actually, we display ads from Google AdSense, so we don't have any control over the ads. I believe Google displays ads based on someone's browsing history and other data that Google collects from them. Please report any such ads if you encounter them here on TF Community. This will help us maintain a clean ad environment. If you check my screen, you'll find ads for Founders Card.
Screenshot_20230911_112941_Chrome.jpg

AnungUnRama

TF Select
Bhaiya ye to aapka personal matter hai🤣🤣🤣. Mujhe to nahi aate aise ad. Admins can't control what ad is being displayed.

Better you diversify your ad activity 😉, maybe your device is new or try resetting Google advertising id in settings.

1694411730924.png
Arey bhai I had changed the google ad setting just recently so as to stop google from tracking my purchasing activities online. And this is the outcome of it, i guess. 😅

AnungUnRama

TF Select
Aren't these ads specific to the user based on their browsing history/ad profile made by Google based on various signals?
I haven't set any preferences for it, may be that's why these ads are being displayed. But the thing is, even when I do set preferences, it immediately displays me ads regarding the recent purchases that I made elsewhere, which again creates another set of problems.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Arey bhai I had changed the google ad setting just recently so as to stop google from tracking my purchasing activities online. And this is the outcome of it, i guess. 😅
Google ko sab pata hai, kitna bhi change kar lo.

Baaki wahi reason hai, jaise YouTube pe naya account banao to tarah tarah ke kachra viral video, soft p video etc aate.

Isme admin ki glti nhi 🤣

MartianManhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge

1694411730924.png
You mean there are no crazy hot singles in my area? Main faaltu mein Axe deo maarke ghuum raha hu? o_O

*insert carryminate paise barbaad meme*

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Google ko sab pata hai, kitna bhi change kar lo.

Baaki wahi reason hai, jaise YouTube pe naya account banao to tarah tarah ke kachra viral video, soft p video etc aate.

Isme admin ki glti nhi 🤣
I experienced this, when my mom started using YouTube on her new smartphone it was spammed with xxx and install video pop ups so I configured that device with my ID..

end result I get bombarded with pravachan videos

Riva

TF Premier

You could alternatively install Brave browser if you are on an Android phone and say good by to all adds.
The only issue I have seen recently is that this error message shows up on every page load.

Attachments

• IMG_20230912_100614.jpg
    IMG_20230912_100614.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 4

AnungUnRama

TF Select
You could alternatively install Brave browser if you are on an Android phone and say good by to all adds.
The only issue I have seen recently is that this error message shows up on every page load.
Thank you bro for suggesting this. I guess I'll have to use brave. Bdw, I'm using it on Chrome right now.

MartianManhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I'd suggest not using adblockers or adblocking browsers because the ads are the only thing which help pay up the expenses of websites(hosting+domain costs + paid plugins + development)

Riva

TF Premier
I'd suggest not using adblockers or adblocking browsers because the ads are the only thing which help pay up the expenses of websites(hosting+domain costs + paid plugins + development)

That may be true in some cases, but there is definitely no need to put an ad in every square inch of available space on the page. It really gets annoying, especially if one does a lot of reading on the web.
More than blocking ads, it's to block trackers and pages from fingerprinting a device.

Riva

TF Premier
Thank you bro for suggesting this. I guess I'll have to use brave. Bdw, I'm using it on Chrome right now.

Chrome is one of the worst browsers to use on Android. It is power hungry and leaks a lot of data. My battery life has improved drastically after I disabled chrome and switched to Brave.
PS. Chrome cannot be uninstalled without root, so disabling it is the only way to prevent it from being used.